1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X-Fi Support Syndicate & Owner's Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by imperialreign, Sep 25, 2007.

1. magicius Guest

When i select in Creative console to headphones i hear Left Channel and Right Channel from my X540 L and R speaker :( and if i select Headphone in Win i dont hear anything on that channel
  2. eduardov Guest

Hey guys, I'm not sure if has been answered yet in the thread. I have a Creative X-fi titanium pci-e card. And when i plug my HD audio cable from the frontpanel into the card, when i use my mic in the frontpanel then I get a huge looping of sound when i use my mic. But when i plug my mic into the soundcard in the back the problem is solved. What can be causing this?
  3. yogi62 Guest

At the moment I have the Guitar Rig 3 software version which cannot run properly with the X-Fi (using line in the rear of the card) as the X-Fi is playing back in monitor mode which by passes the effects in the software - which I want to hear in real time.

In my second computer I have an Audigy 2 Platinum which works fine through the line in on the breakout box (full effects in Cubase and as standalone), however the sample rate is 48mHz.

As to Emu not Creative, Creative now own Emu. I have pretty much decided to dump Creative and go with an M-Audio Delta 1010LT card but still considering possible alternatives.
  4. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    double check your speaker connections . . . sounds like something might not be connected properly.

As well, when in "headphone" mode, volume settings are lowered - go into WIN and double check each channel's individual volume slider.

double check your recording channel in WIN console and Creative's console launcher, make sure it's not "line-in" (line_in only works at the back of the card).

Check your microphone volume settings in console launcher and in XP.

As well, make sure that under 'settings' in Console Launcher that it's set to "auto detect headphone/mic"

Well, yes, Creative do own E-Mu, but . . . E-Mu are allowed to operate independantly . . . (think like how ATI is to AMD).

TBH, it's E-Mu's technological advancements that have made the majority of Creative's new hardware possible. The Audigy series DSP is actually an E-Mu DSP with Creative's label over it, same with the X-Fi APUs.
  5. eduardov Guest

Ya i did that and it still doesn't work, i would like to use my front panel with this card. Any other suggestions?
  6. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Well, I'm back again guys. I just got a Auzen X-fi Forte card. I love the thing. Works like a charm besides this one thing.. It only has it listed as having 2/2.1 channel speakers... I have my Z500 hooked up to it..

[​IMG]

Thanks for any help. IT is the org drivers from teh Cd..

Also, it only happens to me on 2.1 sound if I have my effect on my speakers on "6 ch Direct"
  7. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Did you change the Windows Sound in Control Panel to 5.1 yet? Are you using digital output? Also definately download the beta drivers and install those man, they're working great for me. I haven't updated the programs or anything yet, but I've read they're worth going to on Vista, and the beta's support 7 too. I might have to look up those speakers to better understand what your issue is though, as I primarily run sound to my JVC headphones, and I rarely use my cheap logitech x-230 2.1's lol. I think I recently read something about that issue on [H] forums not too long ago...I will go take a look and see if anything is there about that...but 6CH Direct does ring a bell...I'd say try the new drivers and goodies too to see if that helps out at all.

:toast:
  8. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:

Yeah, I might have to try the beta drivers.. When I went to do it, it said that it didn't support this device... I'n using the dangle.. Plugged it into each cable I had..
  9. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well call me dumb if you must, but what brand of Z500 are you talking about? I found models from Logitech, Creative, Sony and some other oddballs...or do you mean Z5000? Z5500? I don't know my PC speakers systems too well at this point...so that might help me to better understand your situation.

On the beta drivers, I had to go into: Auzentech_Forte_Beta1 > Audio > Drivers > Setup.exe iirc. I remember running into that issue also trying to run the main setup executable...so I just installed the drivers. And I think that's where I sourced the setup that would install the newer beta drivers.

:toast:
  10. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    oops I forgot my speaker numbers... lol.. Logitech Z5500.. Their fine for any other set up, my Stereo, Stereo X2, DD PLII Movie & Music... But, when I go to to the 6 channel direct it messes... I'll have to grab the beta's and do it tomorrow. If I'm not passed out after working that is.. lol
  11. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Hmm Imperialreign hasnt made it yet so I guess I'l fill in....

New driver update for people on the Titanium side of the fence (its about time they released so drivers with bug fixs) 2.17.0007

more info...

you can download it from >Here<

I think you owe me a drink Impy. <3
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  12. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I looked for the beta drivers, no love to get them since the now have the new 1.1 drivers out.. Keeps sending me to a auzen site that says my browser didn't load the page right...

Downloading the 1.1 drivers now..

installed and working.. I now know, thanks Kursah, that when I went to set up the speakers, on Z5500's you have to have the effect set to "6 ch Direct".. lol..

Imp, add ne, I don't think I'll be leaving this card anytime soon!
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  13. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cold Storm - added :toast:

Freedom - thanks, man . . . been a little occupied with various crap, and just worn out from work+heat+humidity we've had here the last couple of weeks. This drinks for you, man:

[​IMG]
    Cold Storm says thanks.
  14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I think I may need to reinstall my drivers - game mode has suddenly gotten all distorted for no reason :O windows volume is at 50% & my z5500's aint even cranked up above 10%
  15. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

Hmmm . . .

have you installed any other system drivers, hardware, BIOS, or other non-software related updates?

If not, I'd recommend taking the card out and looking at the caps for any bulging and/or leaking . . . it's been a while since I've heard of this problem (as placing a cooler on the APU made the difference regarding PCB component strain) . . . but, I worry that the Titaniums might start running into this issue again, considering the EMI shielding and all . . .
  16. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Imp. thanks for the add finally! :D Had my XtremeMusic in here so long ago.. lol.. But, I gotta say.. I love this sound card! I can keep my headphone cable in the Headphone jack, and be good to go, till I need it!!

Great stuff, Great stuff!! :toast:
  17. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good to hear it's still serving faithfully! :toast:
  18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    not to my knowledge, so I decided to do a small juggle between Microsoft update drivers & Creative drivers & that seems to have fixed it. I havent checked the caps yet cuz im too lazy to take the EMI shield off.

but another thing that has been bothering me with the last 007 driver update for Titanium series cards is every time I switch modes with a mic plugged it - the mic starts working since it dont have no 'off' switch. even when I disabled the mic in the volume launcher it still comes on. Ive resorted to unplugging the mic every time I finish using it so save opening up the interface everytime & double clicking to disable the mic/linein that was already disabled in the first place....

plus another thing ive noticed as well & its stupid its taken me this long to notice but it never occured to me.... the lack of MIC BOOST on Titanium series cards....

.:EDIT:.

I forgot to add - everything sounded fine when switched back to Entertainment mode - its like whatever i was listening wasnt masterd/produced properly so the sound was distorting. I cant explain it. as it was the intro sound/music when you put the CoD4 CD in & its at the menu screen where you select what game type you want to start up
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  19. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    What OS? XP, Vista or 7?

TBH, it might be an OS related issue . . . if you're running WIN 7, I can't verify that, yet. With how much stuff I got going on, I haven't been arsed to install any of the RCs yet (although, I already have 7 Ultimate pre-ordered and pending - still got to get ahold of another Velociraptor and Systrin HDD cooler, too . . . 3x boot OS :p ).

I remember, though, there were occasional issues with both XP and Vista where whatever configs you made in the Console Launcher were not always carried over to the WIN audio Control Panel . . . which meant many settings would "change" when going from one hardware mode to another, or even when switching speaker output configurations.

I've noticed with Vista x64 (not sure about x86, though), there's some occasional audio related mishaps . . . strange things, like changes in output bitrate and sample rate; weird volume settings that can't be adjusted (i.e. although all settings in WIN and CL are at 50%, some .mp3s are played back much LOUDer than other media, some vids are quiet - same goes for audio in-game . . . and it's not the media, either, as with XP the same media is at proper levels).

Anyhow, just some thoughts. :toast:
  20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    yeah its win7 - I get this sudden 'loudness' in TF2 sometimes but its more to do with when im ingame more then anything else. I dunno, All i know is as soon as i can afford it - i'l be looking at possibly getting a Xonar D2X
  21. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    S'all good . . . although, I'm truly, truly curious to learn whether some of these "issues" that seem more rampant in Vista (and potentialy 7) are also present with any of the Xonar series . . . TBH, I still firmly believe a lot of these annoyances are OS-bound, not so much the fault of the hardware/software/drivers, y'know?

If you do make that switch, defi keep me informed. :toast:
  22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well Ive not heard of anyone moaning about troubles with the Xonar on Win7 so im guessing its fine.
  23. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

I can't say either way . . . although, I haven't heard anything yet, either (and, quite frankly, very little from the Creative users, too).

Besides, I don't draw conclusions on repetitive OS issues until after the alpha release. It's nice to see everyone forking out WIN 7 drivers (even Creative :eek: ) before the OS is even on shelves . . . hopefully it means we'll have more solid drivers for all hardware once 7 has gone full-public.
  24. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Is there any sort of tests that I could take & upload the results on here? just to see whats wrong. - Im still getting random distortion. it somehow 'improves' when I turn the crystalizer off - but you can still hear that its distorted.

I honestly dunno what to do :(
  25. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    ooh ooh! *raises hand*

Go into the control panel, sound. try changing the bitrate to something else, and see if it fixes anything. change it back when done if you want.