1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X-Fi Support Syndicate & Owner's Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by imperialreign, Sep 25, 2007.

1. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    If anyone in the uk wants it,they can have it for £20 with the upgrade remote.
  2. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, when or if we get the drivers working, then we'll do the mod.. If the drivers don't work right, I'll turn in the b1tch...
  3. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    and get a sound card that works, right?
  4. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, if you have the most recent hardware driver, download the Console Launcher from Creative and see if that works. When you initially install the X-Fi drivers, you're given a choice as to what mode you want as default, but if you didn't install the console launcher, it's very difficult to switch between them.

biggest reason why I still haven't gone over to Vista. If Creative ever get their Vista drivers stable, reliable and strong . . . I might think about it. But in the meantime, screw MS.
  5. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    As far as i'm concerned,if your using vista DO NOT buy a x-fi.

The thing is,i DO NOT blame creative at all,ms royally screwed creative with the x-fi.Just after the x-fi came out,ms released vista and completely rewrote how the sound works on windows.Which did not do creative or the x-fi any favours at all.
  6. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    yea, the drivers on the disc caused the system to hang when installing, so we downloaded the latest drivers off of creative's site, that's what he's running now.
  7. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Here is what it says every time I try and change the Console Launcher..
    that nothing is there for it...
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  8. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Would that be a Razor-1911 file I see on your desktop??????
  9. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    whats that??? don't know what your talking about... its a picture... i promise!
  10. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

alright, so you installed the drivers . . . but, did you install the Audio Console launcher? It's seperate software from the X-Fi audio drivers. The drivers will let you change mode, which can be done from within the X-Fi Control Panel, but you need the audio console software to be able to open the GUI.

if you downloaded the drivers from Creative's website, the software isn't bundled with their update driver packages.
  11. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    so I need to go and use the cd to put in that driver? and yea, I used the updated drivers from the website. Like Rm said, it hard freeze on me when i got to 84%.
  12. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Take the x-fi out,and use it for scraping up cat shit.
  13. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    Prob just a Vista thang.

Naw, you don't need the CD for the console launcher. Follow the link I posted a few posts back, you should be able to dl it from Creative.
    Cold Storm says thanks.
  14. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    Good tip.....Next time use Alt+PrintScreen key and just get the little window!!!!:shadedshu:D
    Cold Storm says thanks.
  15. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    still don't know what your talking about with crysis... pm me and help! lol.. thanks for the advice also
  16. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    It is just a vista thing.

The x-fi works a treat on xp.

I'm sorry for my comments,i'm just pissed that i spent £60 on the card and its poo on vista,specially as i bought vista so it seems a waste of the money i paid for vista to go back to xp.
  17. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Hey tigger, it happens.. I'm in the same boat as you are.. So now I'm just needing to find if this works for me, or go back to staples and throw it at them like i did my mp3 player.. lol
  18. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    Crysis...who said anything about Crysis...LMAO....BTW let your lawyer do the talkin...you would just do yourself no favors....J/K

OK sorry fellas I will stop hyjacking now....continue on!
  19. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I'm gonna take it out tonight and try my onboard,which has a digital out which i can connect to my av amp.I'm not sure if the onboard does 5.1 from the digi out or not.The x-fi only does 2.1 from the digi out,and then you have to pay another £15 for the digital adapter,which hangs off the back of the card and looks pap.
  20. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    s'all good man, we understand your pain :D

I highly doubt MS will do anything to address the issue with any future SP for Vista, though - hopefully Creative will be able to make their work-around drivers as near perfect as possible. They haven't really focused at all on their XP drivers since Vista's release, but then again, the cards are solid on XP.

Hopefully, MS will learn from this venture, and will give this kernel design some second thoughts before their next OS.
  21. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Well i'm going to do the same tigger! froze on me then when i installed it, it says there is no such thing.. wtf?? back to the drawing board!
  22. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    what?!?! i don't even see a picture of my desktop... !?!? what are you looking at? your not over my shoulder are you?? and if so... what does my desktop look like?!?!
  23. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    all right.. the audio creation mode now works right, but I don't have any game or entertainment mode... well off to my tv tuner.. enough working on the sound card tonight.. lol
  24. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    alright, then - try going to Start>Programs>All Programs>Creative>Sound Blaster X-Fi

do you have an application listing as "Creative Volume Panel," and "Creative Mode Switcher?"

If so - open Creative Volume Panel. It should place an icon into the System Tray. R-click on that icon, and make sure that 'Load Volume Icon at Startup' is selected. Double click on that icon, and it should go ahead and bring up the current mode console.

Once the Audio Creation Mode console is open on your desktop, l-click on the button in the lower left hand corner with "Mode" written beside it. If the Creative Mode Switcher is installed, your current console will close out and change to a window that allows you to switch between modes.

The other way to change modes, if you have the Volume Panel icon in the System tray; is to r-click on the icon, go to "Switch Mode" and choose from there. Then just double click the volume icon to bring that console up.

If you don't have these applications installed - you'll have to use the installation CD. Once it's loaded up and all, use "Custom" install settings, and de-select the audio drivers (you already have them installed), and check off whatever else you want installed.

Hopefully, there might not be a problem if it's not trying to install the hardware drivers from the CD.
    Viscarious says thanks.
  25. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    It works now that way... but if I go and click on the "Creative Mode Switcher" it gives me an error... stating its not installed... so now everything is a go... Sweetness! thanks Imperialreign! now just have to make all the fuzzy's go away on my tv tuner and i'm hooked up!