1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-Express version available

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Ripper3, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Ripper3

Ripper3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was crawling through Ebuyer, helping a friend spec a system, when I suddenly saw this:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/129740
    And I immediately smiled.
    Creative's done it, they've finally done it, they've got a PCI-Express X-Fi! :D
    I think I'm going to pick me up one of these soon, to fill up the empty slots on my mobo.
    Now all I need is to get another X1950GT and an Accelero X2 to go with it, and possibly a Physx card for the PCI slot, and I'll have a full case! :toast:

Did anyone know about these already?
    I didn't notice a mention about it on these here forums, but to be fair, I might have missed it.

2. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    When i saw your post i was so happy but this isnt the high end X-Fi for Pciex that ive been expecting......For once i thought that creative released a product ahead of its projected time :p

3. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    i knew they were around just never had actually seen one listed before....i heard about them a couple months back, i wouldn't mind having one though ;)

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Ripper3

Ripper3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am surprised they didn't release them closer to the initial release date of the X-Fi, but I guess they figured this was a better time.
    I am finding it strange they didn't release the Fatal1ty as PCI-Express though, as the new version is out (second what Scan.co.uk says, they have the professional Fatal1ty, with the front panel, and one without, which has *Second version* marked on the listing), but Xtreme Audio is still good enough. Especially for the price.

5. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    They are releasing 3 more Pciex models but they were projected till the end of 2007....

6. Ripper3

Ripper3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, if they come out now, it migth give Creative some more brownie points, as we all know they need some, sicne they decided to make you pay for advanced driver functions for older cards that enthusiasts still use.

7. TXcharger

TXcharger New Member

Thanks Received:
    that doesnt even look like a x-fi card... cause mines black but i got the fancy one :toast:

8. Ripper3

Ripper3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, that's what I find weird, the strange pale blue... kinda makes me sick looking at it...
    The only other X-Fi that I've seen with a pale blue PCB is the Xtreme Audio, the half-height card, IIRC.
    The rest has the appealing black PCB.

9. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    The rest will have the black/gold PCB

10. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    Lookes really sweet to be honest both SPDIF IN and OUT is not something you come across everyday. So nice if you like to record TV or play around with recording of music from LPs and such.

11. Wayward

Wayward New Member

Thanks Received:
    Interesting. I'm glad there will finally be a common use for PCIe. Still though, I have decided to stay away from Creative since the Alchemy driver debacle, but if they start, the others will follow. This may be really good news. :)

12. largon

largon

Thanks Received:
    X-Fi XtremeAudio and vanilla XtremeGamer (not the Fatality model) are pretty horrible sound cards.

*Snap! Crackle! Pop!*

Buy only XtremeMusic or better.

13. devguy

devguy

Thanks Received:
    "Creative's done it, they've finally done it, they've got a PCI-Express X-Fi!"

Wrong, that isn't an x-fi. I may say it is, but it is a lie. The X-treme audio is just a rebranded version of those Audigy SE/LS cards, designed to use the X-fi software, but a separate driver (no hardware acceleration, period). They also have the laptop version of the x-treme audio in the pci express laptop slot.

And Largon, the x-fi xtremegamer and the xtrememusic are basically the exact same card, but the xtremegamer is newer, half height, and has a few less connectors on the back.