1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X-rebirth. Nov 15th (x2 x3 space sim sequel).

Discussion in 'Games' started by Iceni, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Iceni

Thanks Received:
    X is back :D

Rebirth is leaking news weekly now. With the release date about 45 days away and closing I think this may be the go to game for people waiting for Star Citizen.

Typical of the X world this is a single player only game.

For anyone that has never encountered the X universe here's a quick rundown for you.

X is a German made persistent universe. Designed to model a real economy to a reasonable level. Unlike an MMO your not going to spend 3 days a week mining. You employ people to do that for you as you create your mega corporation... If that's the path you want to take. You could equally run freight, Do missions, Rat pirates, Or go on epic space ship stealing binges. The ultimate goal is always the same. Do what you want.

The scale of the X universe is where it get interesting. They tend to be 50+ star systems, multiple races, and more often than not you'll end up dominating some of those races to fund your war effort in another part of the universe.

You can fly your ships, Twitch style, Captain style, or General style. Commanding a vast fleet, a single ship, or a network of trade lanes profiting from NPC based demands.

Out on the 15th of November this is going to be a title to watch. (19th if your not in Europe).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  2. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I'm iffy about it.. x3 was awesome.. but if you read the actual dev diaries this game is exactly what it's called.. a rebirth... with some hugeeeeeeeee changes to how the game is played.

3. Iceni

Thanks Received:
    I'll pass my own judgement on the new developments when the game hits. I love the X games. And have reinstalled X2 in anticipation of this one.

We have a lot of dark nights ahead this winter, And If I can spend a few of them breaking this game Elder Scrolls style then that's money well spent for me :D

4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    The biggest problem with X3 was the lack of multithreading. As long as they fix that in Rebirth, I'll be happy.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I'll get this. :D

6. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Been waiting for this game for years. Now finally Its very close

This is a good game while waiting for Star Citizen.

or maybe to even play along side SC when it releases

7. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I bought it, being a big x3 fan.. and.. meh... Rebirth is an understatement.. The graphics looks like shit, it's a mix of cell shading and smudges (hard to explain.)

Gameplay wise, the campaign is broken and linear. Freeplay throws you into the world with what seem to be random missions.. but they're of the, go here and kill 10 of these, variety..

What I loved about X3 was capturing ships and pretty much setting up my own pirate squadron in a system. This seems to be completely gone.. Or atleast not as easily accesible.

8. Dice

Dice

Thanks Received:
    such a shame if all these negative reports are accurate..:cry:

9. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    they streamlined X, . . . . . . :mad: nooooooo

10. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    Ok.. Who bought this? I love X series...but I am seeing a lot of negatives on Steam forums and Metacritic and other reviews. Anyone provide details that purchased it? Worth $50 or wait until it goes on sale?

11. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Most certainly not worth $50... I got it and kinda regret it..

A few patches from now it should be a servicable space game.. not an X esque game but some new dumbed down wannabe X game

Mike0409 says thanks.
  12. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Game isn't too bad. Reminds me a lot of X3 when X3 was released so far. With the ability to buy ships/stations there seems to be plenty to do. Of course, it will all expand just like X3 did.

Mike0409 says thanks.
  13. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    I'll wait till it goes on sale and devs release couple of patches and some modders do their job.

probably buy it in the winter sale

Mike0409 says thanks.
  14. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    that. also lots of bugs, crashes, no auto save, horrible gui. in a few months, a few patches later, and with good discount this could be interesting though

Mike0409 says thanks.
  15. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    *Sigh* Well, there goes this one until sale price kicks in. Man this weekend has just been strikeout after strikeout for me.. X-Rebirth..lacking.. PS4 Received in is DOA. Guess I'll have to go do something "productive" this weekend!

16. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    I was looking forward to an improved X3....they sure hyped it up enough. But I cautiously checked out player reviews before buying. I'm glad I did. I'll wait for the patches and a lower price. Ah well, I've got enough other stuff to play for now.

17. Exceededgoku

Thanks Received:
    Why are the graphics so bad?! Good fun though, maybe not worth rushing out for...

18. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I played this earlier at a friends place and I'm suprised, it really feels like an beta, Its pretty sad, I just stopped playing after a while(mainly because it crashed and I gave up).

The sections where you walk around the ship and hangars, I think the game could do without them entirely and the graphics are bad when you are walking around hangars or whatnot but its not that bad seeing as your supposed to be flying the ship most of the time but the character models are pretty bad though, when I first saw the chick in the beginning after she docks its . . . . . . . bad:ohwell: other than that the artstyle, I don't like it it really is a slightly slightly cell shaded look(I hate cell shading), and the voice acting on the main character is not that bad, but for pretty much most of the others its . . . . . so so at best

hopefully it will get fixed because right now its a mess:shadedshu

even if it was fixed I still don't see a 50 dollar price tag here though.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  19. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I've been toughing it out thru free play.. and theirs definitely a decent space sim here. The problem is X3 is the better game, both graphically and gameplay wise.

So if theirs any good to come from this it's that I'm currently reinstalling x3 on steam..

O and my favorite part

TOLD YA SO :D