1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X1600 takes too long to find Max Core/Mem

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by megamouse, Dec 11, 2006.

1. megamouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone, I have been a greatful user of ATITool for a while now and having problem with the 0.25 Beta 15 release, hope i can find a answer here, thx in advance

it takes more than 3 hours and still can't find the max value for the Core or Memory

I tried to reduce the heat-up phase to only 10 seconds and set the next phase to 100% (which means each phase will run only 10 seconds, does not increase by time)

and after 3 hours, it still doing the heat-up/scan for artifact thingy........WHEN Will it stop??? :eek: :wtf:

my spec:

# ATI Radeon X1600 video card, PCI-Express (128MB)
    # Intel Core Duo T2400

* 1.83GHz
    * 2MB L2 cache
    * 667MHz FSB

# 1.5GB PC2-5300 DDR2 (2 slots, 2GB max, 1 GB + 512MB installed)
    # 160GB 7200rpm SATA hard drive
    # 8x SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW) (well it's a mac, on XP for games, so it's same as a PC)

I was using the last version of ATITool 0.24 and sure it didnot take THAT long to find out the Max Core/Mem on my machine.

did i do anything wrong or do i simply have to wait and hit the "abort" button on the next morning? :twitch:

solutions will greatly appreciated.:toast:

2. megamouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh forgot to say the Operating System is

Windows XP Pro SP2 with the latest updates (er....apart from IE7, no thx m$)

3. ARTOSOFT New Member

Thanks Received:
    There is ATITool v0.26 release few days ago.

I prefer to find max core and mem by myself. Just increase slowly and check on artifacts. Doing auto find max and/or mem will take longer time and can fried your card if you are not beside your computer to watch the screen.

Regards,
    Arto.

4. megamouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    @ARTOSOFT, thx for the reply,

so now i get 0.26, before I overclock, i want to set the default value to the right one (currently it shows 89/89 , which is not right)

so how do i set it to the actual default value then?