1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X1800XT PE BIOS, should I flash?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by shyet, Nov 12, 2006.

1. shyet New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a X1800XT 512MB CF edition currently overclocked to 675/800 driver level. Would I gain anything by flashing it with the Sapphire X1800XT PE BIOS?
  2. steve258 New Member

Thanks Received:
    These are two different models one is for XT PE and one is for CF edition, so don't think the flash will actually work on your card...

Besides why risk bricking your card when you can achieve same performance ocing it?
  3. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I did mine to a XTPE and got a little better OC, but mainly due to the voltage increase. You would do better to slowly bump volts and speed till you hit your temperature threshold.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  4. shyet New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's why I was asking if I would gain anything. I remember flashing my GTO2 to an X850XT and got a better overclock.

I just wanna get the most of out this card. If I could achieve the same thing by overclocking and overvolting, then I'd rather keep the stock BIOS. Thanks guys, that saves me the trouble of flashing.
  5. Protius New Member

Thanks Received:
    i personally wouldnt risk it, but it could work, i flashed my xt 512 to xt pe and it ran just fine.