1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x1950 pro flash gone wrong

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Garb3, May 13, 2007.

1. Garb3

Garb3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    well as it says its gone wrong:cry: right where do i start.:confused: right i have got a msi x1950 pro 256mb pcie non vivo. found a modded bios in the x1950 pro modded bios thread that had the same specs as my card only a different vendor(i think it was a his) but tried a few times to flash it to my card with atiwinflash but there were differance's in the PN id's so it would not flash :banghead: so i left it for a while but then plucking up the courage i thought i would try and change the PN id to the same 1 that i had gotten off a bios dump off my origional bios:ohwell: . the only program that i could find that would let me change the these id's was nibitor and only in hex view:eek: so after carefully writing down the PN id from the origional bios i changed the 1 in the modded bios to the same as mine and everthing was goin fine:) i flashed it no problem and it wanted to reboot so i did. the computer went thu the post check then started loading windows then like 20 secs later i get the BSOD :cry: now i dont have a floppy drive so i cant do i blind flash not unless i can get a boot cd to work which none of them have so far:banghead: thats why i tried changing the PN id's:shadedshu

so thats me story any help would be great thanks lol thats if i can get help for this lol:p
  2. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    If the card posts, then you have drivers crapping out. Try getting a cheap PCI card, uninstalling all traces of ATI cards, and then stick your modded card in. Reinstalling ATI drivers should be a breeze, and then you have a modded X1950 :).

And if not, go buy a floppy drive :p.
  3. Garb3

Garb3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks will try that now :D(usin on board graphics now :()
  4. Garb3

Garb3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    right i'm half way there lol i'm back on me card but after intalling the drivers and restarting i'm getting a message sayin "No ATI graphics driver installed,or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware."

just tried atitool(out of curiosity lol) and its still reading my temps
  5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    If I were you I'd flash to your original backup for now and look further into modding a backup of your stock bios to what you want.
  6. Garb3

Garb3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    well i think i'm ok for the min:confused: i'm just tryin to find drivers that work i think i got the modded bios from a his card so i'm d/l there drivers to see if that makes a differance

edit: i was only flash so that i could get a voltage table in my bios to see if i could get some extra juice out of it cause my core would not go higher than 621Mhz
    Last edited: May 13, 2007
  7. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't be flashing BIOS's between brands. I never flashed a BIOS before, but I hope you made a backup, otherwise more waste..
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Garb3

Garb3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    right well after about 2 hours of installing and removing my card and countless installs and uninstalls of drivers i came to the conclution that my attempt and modding a bios didnt work lol so i flashed it bk to the orgional lol:laugh: .

well wasnt that fun:banghead:
  9. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Now you learned your lesson, HIS bios's are only designed for HIS cads :laugh:
    So next time, flash your MSI bios with another MSI :p
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. Garb3

Garb3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    to right lol but i think there is only 1 over person on here with the same card lol:banghead:
  11. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well, maybe if you're kind to Ketxxx or Formula350 they can fix that for ya! Formula350 made 3 versions of bios for my card from my backup I sent him, one that just had 100% fan speed, one with that and voltage table, and one with those and memory tweaks. I didn't notice any difference in OC-ing my Powercolor from the latter 2, but I like the AC X2 fan at 100% keeping my card cool and since it's quiet as hell, I can't complain! I found a version of Rabit that works w/x1950's, but when I load any bioses I have for my card they read for an x1650xt...but it seems to work, I have yet to test my personal tweaked bioses as of yet. So PM one of them and see if they'll help ya or give you some assistance in modifying your Bios yourself.

I'm just stoked that I can almost match my best 3dM06 score from Xp in Vista! Off by ~ 55pts from unofficial score and around 20pts from official xp best.
  12. Kasamax

Kasamax New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys, new to the forum but have been trawling for a fair while.

Own x1950 Pro myself and also thought that..

Kursah Wrote:

"but when I load any bioses I have for my card they read for an x1650xt...but it seems to work"

..was a bit weird and thought something was off.
  13. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Oh my god.. how many times do I have to say UNINSTALL YOUR DRIVERS FIRST :rolleyes: try booting to safe mode, uninstall drivers and run drivercleaner pro.
  14. klingergary New Member

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:
  15. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    What I meant from that, was that when I loaded any bioses into RaBit it read x1650xt, but the bios when loaded to my card drivers re-installed or not read as 1950pro. I know the same core is used in both. But why Rabit would read the bios as that when I tried to mod it was kind of weird. I don't think unloading the video drivers to read a bios backup file correctly in Rabit was the problem...am I wrong Ket?
  16. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Your not. Only when flashing to a different BIOS you should uninstall your drivers beforehand.