1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x1950GT video glitches - Risen 2

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Digi, May 2, 2012.

1. Digi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi :}

I've been having video glitches and/or or games just don't start because of my video card.
    Then I've found the ENB patch for RE5 that kinda enabled to to run almost every game that crashed before due to video card's incompatibilities... games like RE5 itself, Bulletstorm, FEAR 3 (fixes crash on level 6 cinematic), QUBE, and some other games that I forgot.

However, some games aren't fixable, like the most recent Risen 2, it doesn't work at all with the ENB dll, makes the game crash.
    One problem with Risen 2 is the white screen in cinematics due to DoF, I need to enable and disable DoF to remove that effect but I can't see cinematics... this happens in newer drivers, I'm now using the older CD drivers which seems to fix that problem.
    The 2nd problem which still persists regardless of driver is that some textures appear just shaded and water is invisible, like this:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    (Mind the flying fish xD)
    Which makes it look kinda crappy but also confusing when navigating on beaches, because I don't really know where I'm going.

Anybody got any suggestions ? Apart from hardware upgrading.