1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x300 se - pain in the ass

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by jinjuper, Jun 7, 2006.

1. jinjuper New Member

Thanks Received:
    My pc is an intel d processor 640 3.2ghz with intel d101ggc motherboard and ati 200se chipset which has onboard video card ie x200. The problem is with the x 300 se card which is an MGS. The problem is that whenever I install the drivers and restart them it becomes blank especially when it comes to the log in menu of windows xp. I have done uninstalling the onboard and disabling in bios but nothing happens. The windows recognise it as a radeon x300se and x300 se secondary but nothing works when even I installed the latest Omega drivers . Is this the prob of a motherboard even the bios is updated. Please help as I brought the card from outside my hometown and dont know if it has complaints but I know it works since it shows the display screen. Desperately needing help.
  2. overclocker

overclocker

Thanks Received:
    well first the x300 se is not much better then the xpress 200 there the same chip but the xpress mem is stuck at 200 mhz and try installing ur video card and wen you start it up hit F1 for system settings and there should be something that says video out put or something like that and if you go in it there should be onboard gfx and pci gfx and pci-e or agp whever you have and then chose the one your new video card is on.
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Overclocker is saying hte onboard may have turned on by mistake. To check that, just move hte monitor cable and see if the onboard turns on when the Video goes off.

If thats not the case, try installing the motherboard drivers first, before the video drivers. You may have messed that up.

Another alternative is to try that video card in another PC, and possibly another monitor. I have a 17" CRT here that works fine with every card i have (from a Geforce 4 MX to an X1800XL) but no matter what, it just wont work on my powercolor X800XL.