1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x600 AIW vs. 9800SE AIW

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by singhvi, Dec 13, 2005.

1. singhvi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I have bought a new Asrock 939 dual mobo with Athlon 3200+. I have a choice of AGP at full speed vs. PCI-E. Which of the the above two AIW cards will give me a better performance? I guess the memory on the x600 is 128 bit while that on the 9800SE is 256 bit. But it is 256 MB on the former and 128 MB on the latter. Any other differences in the configuration and TV features, I dont know.
    Please advise.
  2. miss piggy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi

I am running an ASROCK dual with an AIW 9600xt AGP and an x800GT PCIe.

I can play most games on the 9600xt at low or medium settings.

If you get the AGP AIW and then add a PCIe card you will loose the TV feature as the AIW capture driver doesn't seem to be able to recognize the AGP card with the PICE selected as primary in the Bios.

In order to get the TV feature working I need to reboot and deselect PCIE as the primary video adapter. So keep this in mind if you are thinking about AIW AGP.
  3. singhvi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks piggy. However I would probably not put in both cards. I would either use agp or pci and I have the option of buying either of the AIWs.