• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X600pro question please help

vizor

Hi guys im new to this place..From what i see it's an excellent site. Im hoping to be a regular on these boards and help out when I can. Now the question I have is that I own an Sapphire ati radeon X600pro(PCI-express) and On monday Im buying a Iceberq (All-in-One VGA & Chipset Cooling Kit) thats all copper for Overclocking it. Im wondering !st question: How can I keep the card overclocked?.Can I use an ATI radeon 9600XT bios because I cant find a X600XT bios anywhere.2:How can i keep it OCed for good? everytime i restart my compuer with Atitool The settings on the card reset. Any help would be usefull to me. and any Pointers to an ameteur like me will be useful. thanks

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
vizor said:
Hi guys im new to this place..From what i see it's an excellent site. Im hoping to be a regular on these boards and help out when I can. Now the question I have is that I own an Sapphire ati radeon X600pro(PCI-express) and On monday Im buying a Iceberq (All-in-One VGA & Chipset Cooling Kit) thats all copper for Overclocking it. Im wondering !st question: How can I keep the card overclocked?.Can I use an ATI radeon 9600XT bios because I cant find a X600XT bios anywhere.2:How can i keep it OCed for good? everytime i restart my compuer with Atitool The settings on the card reset. Any help would be usefull to me. and any Pointers to an ameteur like me will be useful. thanks
No BIOS flash is needed, just set 2d/3d profiles (2d for windows etc., and 3d will load automatically when you start a game)
Also read this: http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/doc/quickstart.php

GoLLuM4444

1. The X600pro uses the same chip as the X600XT (RV380) but not the same as the 9600XT (RV360). I would not use a 9600XT BIOS. There is a X600XT BIOS in the BIOS database of this site (under ATi). Make sure your memory is Hynix 2.8ns. (checking it says Hynix on the chips is probably sufficient). If it is not dump your BIOS in ATitool and submit it to the BIOS collection. I'm sure wizzard will make it modifiable. To find out what your memory is I would just search for what's written on it on the internet.

2. You can set 2D/3D frequencies in ATitool but you can also set the default frequencies of a BIOS that you download from this site by doing an advanced download. So if you only want to run it at its max stable frequencies and you are downloading a new BIOS anyway I would do this.