1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x700 pro trouble

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Mindrestx, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Mindrestx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys i just bought a x700pro and im having some trouble.. It all started when i tried installing the drivers from the cd(also tried online drivers, same problem). The drivers weren't intalling an error message appeard, something about not being able to initialize installaion. Sooo thinking it was some kind of driver confilc I used driver cleaner. After reboot i got the same error message. After looking around I disabled the secondary display, after that the drivers were able to intall correctly. Now when i tried playing a game i noticed the fan increased speed then suddenly a loud click noise started to come out of the fan on the vid card. The loud click noise starts up only when i use any 3d programs and dosent stop..... geez maybe the fan is screwed up or something... gonna exchange it for another. The driver problem still kinda bugs me :( .... I installed my old x600 back with no trouble at all... :confused:

Any ideas?

(edited) After looking at my pc's manufacturer web site i found that the motherboard has problems with some pci-e vid cards. Updated the bios .... sniff still same thing... :mad: maybe its just ma pc...
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  2. Chem New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like you might have a defective x700pro card. I have been using this card since November and haven't had any problems with it, of any kind. I use dual monitors as well, and it hydravision works great. If you bought it retail, and still have your receipt, I would take it back and ask for another one.
  3. DudesBoss New Member

Thanks Received:
    i also have an x700, it performs well. no issues at all.. hmm