1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 AIW Questions & Problem

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by mack99, May 13, 2007.

1. mack99 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi there,

I have installed an X800SE AIW but have a very strange problem. When I play a TV channel or capture from a video source onto my PC I get an intermittant ticking noise on the left sound channel. The tick appears roughly every 2 or 3 seconds. Does anyone have any idea of what might be causing this?

I am using the latest catalyst 7.4 bundle & have tried both 9.16 and 9.14 versions of teh Multimedia software. Could this be a problem with these versions of the multimedia software, or is it likely to be a hadware problem?

A couple of questions as well.

1. Does this card have a digital TV tuner or just an analogue tuner? I've seen some references to a digital tuner on some sites but can't find any reference to it from teh software I have installed. (Although the card was new when I bought it, there were no disce included with it - I used an old disc that came with a 9800Pro AIW to install teh DVD player)

2. How do you select the scart input on the breakout cable? I can't find any reference to scart on any of the software. At the moment, I can only use the composite leads on teh breakout cable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    i used to own an x800xt aiw. i eventually gave up on trying to get the tuner to work.

keep in mind theres a reason ati phased out the aiw cards. they couldnt get them to work right.
  3. mack99 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the reply.

The tuner itself actually works fine with no ticking noise, i.e. when the source is set to analogue capture from a conventional TV aerial, the TV picture & sound and any recordings I make are fine. However, if I set the source to S-video or composite in order to use a S-VHS recorder or a digital TV tuner (UK Freeview) the ticking noise starts immediately. In fact I get this ticking noise as soon as I switch to s-video or composite even if nothing is physically attached. This ticking noise is captured along with the recording when I record from either of these sources.