1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x800 GTO 16 pipe unlock step by step

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by x800professor, Jul 5, 2006.

1. x800professor

x800professor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, there is a gigantic thread going on with this that has been extremely helpful. However, you have to search the entire thread to actually figure out what to do. So, I'm going to list step by step instructions right here for anyone who needs them.

Step 1: Download the attachment
    Step 2: Follow the instructions about checking your fuses
    Step 3: Dump your bios with ATItool (Settings -> Miscellaneous -> dump bios)
    Step 4: Open your current BIOS with RaBit 1.7 or later and go to "Logging" section scroll down and search for:
    Desc: RADEON X800 GTO
    Info: 11X-CC6600SA-004, CC6600SA.004, 01/20/05,14:19:32
    Step 5: If all checks out, simply burn the iso, boot from it, and flash!

Ultra special thanks to dolf for coming up with all this stuff and thanks to everyone else in the forum. This should simplify the process a bit!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  2. dolf New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  3. celidee New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow this thread is still going....and dolf is still on the grind making all those utilities....keep up the good work DOLF!!
  4. Ramirez

Ramirez

Thanks Received:
    Burning the ISO

It should be empty when you mount or burn (the info is situated in hidden partition). You have to boot from the already burned CD (first boot device should be the CD-ROM). It doesn't work under Windows but in DOS mode.

I think I did the burn correct but not really sure. Used PowerISO for the burn program. Opened the folder moved the files to the right hand side of the program screen and hit burn. The program said Burn Successful...and in the bottom of the left screen it read bootable disc. As in the statement above I did not see anything written on the CD when I went to confirm files. Is the statement above true...I will not see anything on the CD until I try the Flash?? One other thing I downloaded the Rabit 1.7 and 2.5 programs but they are RAR files. Do I need to load these manually to my registry or into a folder. Not sure what to do with these since this is a first time attempting something like this and I do not want to mess it up.
    Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Respectfully,

Ramirez
  5. dolf New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ehh Ramirez,
    Burn the iso using "burn image option" in NERO, Alcochol 120% or other burning software don't invent the wheel ;) .
  6. Ramirez

Ramirez

Thanks Received:
    Hey Dolf,

Not trying to re-invent the wheel. Just wasn't sure how to initiate a good burn of your ISO. Don't want to make a mistake on a first Flash on a brand new vid card. Thank you for your response I will follow your instructions and use Nero to get another burn of the ISO. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Paul Ramirez
  7. GJSNeptune

GJSNeptune New Member

Thanks Received:
    I booted from the ISO and selected the first option. After a few seconds I get:

Code:
    Not ready reading drive A
    Abort, Retry, Ignore:
    I don't have an FFD. Why is it even checking?
  8. wildwest46 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the help

Worked great the first time but boy was I nervous ! I traded a DVD burner for this card and thanks to your help have unlocked all 16 piplines. The guy I traded is kicking himself right now ! Thanks again Dolf, you'r the greatest !

Roy Westra
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  9. cowdude

cowdude New Member

Thanks Received:
    can't get ALT cdc flash images

I went here and I was unable to get the images you said you posted here.
    I burned the one I got on this page and booted to the cd, it gave no indication of looking for the cd and went into windows.

I shut down and rebooted. The cd ran with a black screen for about 7-8 minutes.
    I figured it was having trouble reading so I ejected and went on into windows. ATI tool no longer saw my card but CCC does. I still have 12 pipes and no changes. I've been at this for 2 days, I give up.

I am using Vista Prem. would that be a factor?
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2008