1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x800gto radeon card doesn't recognize dvi

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by mrsemi, May 22, 2007.

1. mrsemi

Thanks Received:
    Now this was a return from newegg I got for a good price. My vga monitor recognizes the card but it doesn't recognize the dvi input on my 22" widescreen acer al2216w. I've run several troubleshooters and I can't determine what's wrong.

Neither xp or vista recognize the monitor but the monitor was recognized on my nvidia 6600le so it's not a monitor problem.

I have a feeling someone who owned this before may have done something funky.

I did reading up on this card, it does have the r480 chip but I'm not certain what other information that would be helpful to those who would assist.

Anyone?:ohwell:

2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    will your DVI output power a VGA monitor if it has an adapter on it, just to verify if the DVI slot works at all?

3. mrsemi

Thanks Received:
    The DvI slot registers no input. The card has a vga and dvi out and I'm using the vga out and it works. The DVI did work with the 6600 le card but nothing registers with the dvi slot on the x800gto. I don't have a converter to convert dvi to vga input.

4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    thats really wierd...do you have any idea if the bios was flashed or not?

Reason i ask is maybe a bad flash or a missed checkmark in a bios mod possibly?

might be why it was returned in the first place!

5. x800professor

x800professor New Member

Thanks Received:
    The x800 won't automatically switch to the secondary input (DVI). At least mine won't. Make sure you go into display properties and tell it to extend your desktop onto that monitor.

6. mrsemi

Thanks Received:
    I got it

Seems either the cord or the card itself has a loose piece somewhere. I'll just try and not bump it.

Now I've gotta figure out whether it's unlockable.