1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800XL graphics card

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by ark7754, Jan 31, 2013.

1. ark7754 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi ive just bought a pc off a chappy,i trust him it worked fine etc.

He used the pc with the X800XL graphics card on a monitor. Ive tried to get it to go on 2 lcds and nothing,one with dvi to hdmi and one with a vga adapter.
    Im not up to speed on graphic cards to be honest!

anyone know of any reason or solution to getting it to show, my understanding or part understanding is,it should at least show bios and start up if anything but theres no signal at all

really appreciate if anyone has a tip to get it working,ive had older pcs than the graphics card working on lcds with no problem at all. Its powering fine,all connections are in etc

2. CJCerny

CJCerny

Thanks Received:
    Suspect this video card does not support 2 simultaneous monitors. That feature did not become commonplace until after this card was released.

3. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    My X800XT did output to two monitors, I can't think of a reason why the X800XL wouldn't. Maybe you need to fiddle inside the Catalyst Control Center?

Which monitor isn't showing up? The HDMI or the VGA one? X800XL had a version with two DVI outputs but only the upper one outputs DVI-I if I'm not mistaken. You should use the VGA adater on the top DVI and the HDMI adapter on the bottom one.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. ark7754 New Member

Thanks Received:
    --

Hi,
    im not trying to dual, just get some kind of picture on one,im not using a pc monitor etc,just standard lcds,one is 22 inch the other 24 inch,both ive tried with vga adpater and dvi to hdmi cables on both of the ports.still nothing

trouble is i have no monitor at all to see if the control centre is the issue,its running windows 7 is pretty much all i know,i would try remote in but i need to allow that the other side lol

can anything be reset on the card or on the computer to make it happen? ideally i dont want to have to buy another card

5. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like a hardware failure. If the computer boots and the HDD grinds away like it's loading the OS, could be a bad video card or the power connector isn't hooked up properly. Given that an X800 is from around 2004 (along with the rest of the computer, possibly) I wouldn't be surprised if something died after 8 years.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  6. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    Could be that the bios is pointing to the IGP as the main video device. Turn off the PC, disconnect it from the outlet and remove a watch battery that is (usually) around the southbridge (a large chip close to the bottom of the board) and wait a couple of minutes. That will reset the bios. Then turn it on.

Crunching for Team TPU