1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X850XT Clock Speeds

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Casheti, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi. I have a Sapphire Radeon X850XT PCI-E, and I was wondering whether my clocks are good on a stock cooler? 579/1218 Also, others please post your X850 clocks, even if you aren't using stock cooling. If you are using some cooling that isn't stock, please specify what it is :)
  2. Sh00t1st

Sh00t1st New Member

Thanks Received:
    i can personaly clock mine up to 610 for the gpu and 625 for the memory, gets me a realy nice 3dmark 05 score of 7100 or around there, its on stock cooling also with 2 120 mm fans moded into a case that cant take them, every fan is pushing inwards which in turn pushes all the air thru the graphics card, this helps me keep an idle temp of almost whatever the room temp is, max load temp on bf2 after playing for over 10 hours straight was only 65 c average was 60.
  3. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    Didn't you already post this thread? :p.
  4. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    They are some nice clocks spootity, and especially with stock cooling. I only have 1 case fan, but considering my case is micro ATX, its a bit of a tight squeeze to fit anything in. I had troulbe screwing in my X850XT. (Yes, thats how small my case is!) Eventually I got it in, but I bent the back of the case. :) It's gonna be real tight when I get the Arctic Cooling Silencer 5, but I measured, and it will fit, just. I can never unleash the REAL power of my card, until I buy a dedicated sound card, hopefully the Creative X-Fi. I know some one who has the X800XT PE, and they perform better than me, because they have a a PCI card dedicated to processing sound. And it's not even an X-Fi. But the X-Fi will make the perfomance In my games absolutely awesome. Ill get it around christmas time hopefully, should be about £70 by then. :) Anyway, nice clocks. I found out something else about the Arctic Cooling Silencer 5, can't remember where, but I found out it cools the memory on the graphics card seperate from the GPU. So that will make a big difference. One day, my machine will be a beast. :laugh:
  5. Sh00t1st

Sh00t1st New Member

Thanks Received:
    gota love amd and ati :rockout: the two so called "under dogs" im sellin this rig lol and building one with an x1800xt and an am2 cpu with ddr2 800 it should fly. anyways what do you get on 3dmark 05 with yours im just curious. i want to try and break 10,000 in 3dmark i bet it will. highest i get now is 7800 max if my friend lets me use his big ass zalman cooler and overclock my cpu.
  6. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    AMD is better than Intel. My Pentium D 820 @ 3.3Ghz gets 70 points lower than my Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.4Ghz. But my D can multi-task better, which I don't do.

Casheti, I'm surprised that you can get that X850XT working stable on that 300 Watt PSU. I was just looking at your Sys specs and then i saw the "300 Watts" stand out.
  7. Sh00t1st

Sh00t1st New Member

Thanks Received:
    ahhh thats nothin lol i had my x850xt running on a stinking 300 watt raidmax which is some of the worst power rating in the buisness it had like 8 amps on the 12 volt, now i have a very nice coolmax 450 watt power supply has a 140mm fan in it :) i couldnt overclock it any tho but it still ran i just couldnt have a dvd or cd drive in it or it wouldnt boot up lol
  8. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    I never notice that its running on a 300W PSU. I dont think getting a bigger and better PSU would make any difference, but I will anyway. Also, last night, I heard a scratchy noise coming from my ATi GPU fan. But its gone now. Hmmmmmm.