• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xbox 360 Games Could run off the Hard-drive

Oh those little 4200/5400 RPM notebook drives are going to lead to some revolutionary performance increases I bet. ;)

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
blu ray it is useless, i dont want to upgrade my extensive collection of dvds to blu ray HELL I DONT EVEN OWN A HD TV!@?*

Thats nice, but there are a lot of people that do want HD movies, like me for example. You don't have to update your whole DVD collection to get HD, luckly the PS3(and other Blu-Ray players) also play DVDs. However, any new movies I buy are Blu-Ray(and a few old classics), and on my HDTV the difference is amazing.

sure ive explained this a zillion times to other people im not going to explain why xbox hard drives are not user replaceable and why they dont allow blue tooth headsets

INFACT see the xbox 1 you could replace the drive on it as well but that meant you could put boot loaders and linux on it and play pirate xbox 1 games and do all sorts of illegal stuff Microsoft didnt want you to do

The only good reason is that Microsoft wants to charge people $180 for something that should only cost $60. Piracy has nothing to do with it.

you know what im fed up! keep your crappy ports that run at horrible frame rates and keep your metal gear solid 4 because if a console (it is designed as a console first and foremost) has only i exclusive and one decent game OUT NOW then its a waste of money

I can only think of 2 good exclusive games for the Xbox360 that I bought it for(Ace Combat 6 and Dead Rising) all the other good games for the Xbox360 are not exclusive.

it basically tries to be a pc BUT FAILS, it has mouse and keyboard support, allows to change the hardware to a certain extent, you can run linux on it, it has media functions like a pc, it has a zillion other things a pc can do better

Yes, it is more than a simple console, just like the Xbox. You essentially just listed a bunch of good features about the PS3, and some how you think they are bad. How you got this warped sense is beyond me. Especially when the Xbox360 shares a lot of those features.

i want a console for console games not to surf the internet on my crappy tv

Then buy a better TV.

i actually prefer the xbox 360 pads very comfortable and has grip and HAS PROPER TRIGGERS unlike the ps3 pads r2 and l2

The Xbox360 controller isn't designed as well as I would like. The triggers are about the only thing I like about it over the DualShock design. I wish they would have stuck with the original Xbox controller design, that was perfect IMO. The new controller just don't feel comfortable IMO. But again the design is all opinion, and not was I was originally talking about.

What I was talking about was the fact that the base controller for the Xbox360 is not wireless, it is wired. And to get the same functioning Xbox360 controller as the DualShock3 you have to pay more money. The standard Wireless Xbox360 controller runs $40, but you also have to buy a Play and Charge kit to get the ability to recharge it, and that is another $20. In the end you are paying $60 for a 360 controller, while the DualShock3 sells for $46.

Both controller do the same job, and both do it pretty damn well, but the Xbox360 controller is more expensive, which sucks.

ps2 pads i had just broke after a year actually started to come apart and the analoughe nad R1 and L1 buttons becaame wobbly

so i take it since the ps3 pads the same its like that TOO

Learn to take care of your stuff. I still have working PS2 DualShock2 controllers from the day I bought my PS2 when it was released. The Dualshock2 I currently use is well over 3 years old.

also the ps3 pad has no weight

The DualShock3 has plenty of weight. The Six Axis controller was pretty light, but what did you expect when they removed the weights for vibration?

HOW THE HELL CAN RUMBLE WORK IF ITS GOT MOTION OR TILT OR WHATEVER CONTROLS
i mean wouldn't the rumble make you car or whatever move about and simple turning it off just for it to rumble dosnt work either because if your titling the pad it suddenly turns off for a second to rumble you might loose control having to quickly move to using the analogues

The motion part of the controls for the PS3 are not the main method of controlling the game, unlike the Wii. Usually it is just a minor role, like using it to balance your Character on a balance beam. In the games where the motion is used to control major aspects, like the cars in GTA4, it takes pretty large movements to affect the car. It is actually quite natural feeling. Turning a car takes pretty much the same amount of movement as turning a real car. The minor rumbling doesn't really make any difference, just like the minor rumbling of playing your music doesn't make your real car go flying off the road.

If you are so weak that the minor rumbling functions actually affects the motion sensing, then I suggest you turn one of the two features off. Probably the rumbling, as for it to affect you it would have to rumble the controller right out of your hands, which isn't a good thing.

Oh those little 4200/5400 RPM notebook drives are going to lead to some revolutionary performance increases I bet. ;)

The big improvement will be load times, and compared to the read speeds of the DVDs, the Hard Drives will be about twice as fast, this should cut load times in half.

Last edited by a moderator: