1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xbox 360 HD DVD Add-on Player Gets Updated

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Apr 10, 2008.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Even though Microsoft has ceased all production of its HD DVD add-on accessory for the Xbox 360, apparently its team of software engineers weren’t quite done with supporting the peripheral. Microsoft released on Tuesday a software update for all Xbox 360 HD DVD users. As soon as an Xbox 360 owner with the drive attempts to play an HD DVD movie, Xbox Live will immediately prompt for an update. Those without Xbox Live access will be able to download the update separately later this week, according to Microsoft’s Larry Hyrb. This update includes compatibility improvements with certain titles and extended support for network features.

Source: DailyTech

2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    You know, now that the add-on has effectively been reduces to useless status. I wish Microsoft would release an update that allowed me to put the second disc of the game in it so I wouldn't have to switch discs while playing. Well, I guess I still would for some games, but at least the two disc games would be more enjoyable.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  3. hacker111

hacker111 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Way too late...:wtf:

4. Ripper3

Ripper3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well they may not be backing the product, and especially HD DVD any more, but at least they're still doing something for customers. Keeping it updated doesn't exactly take much work, and it increases customer satisfaction, thinking that the company cares, even nthough you have useless technology.
    I do agree they should allow you to have both game discs in so you don't have to switch later, but they probably won't do that. It's stupid, but whatcha gonna do?

5. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Glad to still see some support. I actually thought about buying it when it dropped in price.

6. Snake05

Snake05 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Same here. I was going to get it back for cheap mainly for the upconverting alone, and of course the free HD-DVD's they were still giving away with the purchase:p.