1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XBOX360 owner clubhouse, come on in ;)

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by HookeyStreet, Aug 5, 2007.

1. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
  2. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Freddy Krueger DLC for Mortal Kombat...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    KieranD and HookeyStreet say thanks.
  3. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I just want that R2D2 console. They can keep the stupid Kinect crap.

4. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    I want the 320GB hard drive.

5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Oh yeah. I forgot you can't use just any drive in 360's. Luckily, I don't store much on mine anyway.

6. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    Awesome idea!!!

PS: is this the only game you have ever been able to play as a pedo in? :twitch:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  7. Eva01Master

Thanks Received:
    R2D2 Xbox360 = Nice. COG Omen Xbox360 = Pwnage XD, I'll rather buy the GOW3 special edition Xbox360 than this Star Wars special edition.

8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    if online play would finally become free after MS talking about it for so long I would play my 360 more but :(

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    I pay roughly £30-£32 for 12 months worth of XBL. I don't think that's too bad. I'm glad it isn't free, but crap like PSN ;)

10. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition Comic-Con demo

[yt]l2ViiG7Y0-4[/yt]

HookeyStreet says thanks.
  11. Ray_Rogers2109

Ray_Rogers2109 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I still have original style 360, first one got the E75 error, had the current one since December 2009. Still 20GB HDD, hardly ever use XBOX Live, not a fan of HALO, never played Gears of War and don't intend to.

Current games: Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts; Beautiful Katamari; BioShock 2 (will be buying for PC though); some others.

Gamertag: Drag00n2019

12. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    If it's not free, it's too expensive.

13. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Sooo.... XBL is better because you have to give Microsoft money but PSN is crap because they are free and got hacked, yes that makes alot of sense:shadedshu:shadedshu:wtf:

14. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    XBL has a couple features I wish PSN had but what really bothers me is how slow Sony servers are but it's free so what can you do? other than hack them and show no mercy lol

15. twilyth Guest

I got a 360 when the egg had their promotion. God knows why. But it turns out that the Ceton Infinitv 4 card I got to replace my DVR can use the 360 to stream encrypted programming to other computers on the network. I think it might almost be like the streaming feature Directv offers with their DVR's. Have to look into though since I have no idea how that's going to work.

16. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    You kind of answered your own question. MS have to keep the servers ticking over nicely because you are required to pay XBL usage. Whereas PSN is free, has less features than XBL and has recently been hacked to shit. Plus, far more cheaters ruin online gaming on the PS3 than they do on the 360.

Most of the time, the XBL fee is just used as a way to moan about MS and/or the 360.

I would love XBL to be FREE or maybe just cheaper. But if it would mean the service would suffer I would rather continue to pay.

Lionheart says thanks.
  17. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Paying doesn't give you better service. I think PC gaming proves that quite nicely. MS just conditioned you guys into thinking that way, so they can rake you over the coals. The service would be the same whether you paid for it or not. The fact that you (and millions of others) are willing to pay for something that should be free is the entire reason the entire industry is moving to this pay as you go scheme with online play, DLCs and other shit.

Short version= Live Gold users and console gamers that fall for these schemes are ruining the gaming industry but telling publishers it's ok to rip us off.

18. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    Well, no, not really. These new codes to activate online play are used to get back some money from those that pirate or buy pre-owned titles (but mainly it's aimed at the pre-owned industry.)

The fact that 360 gamers begrudgingly pay for XBL has nothing to do with the gaming industry charging a fee for DLC or the new pay-to-play (MP) codes.

Game publishers have been charging for PC addons for years. The PC gamer may get the Call Of Duty map packs for free, but not everything. I don't even think Half-Life Episode 1 or 2 were free for the PC gamer at first (but I could be wrong?)

19. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    No, I'm not wrong. These practices didn't start in force until 360 realy started pushing them. Prior to 360, most minor DLC like map packs, were free, with the occasional dev charging for more involved DLCs, and then most eventually became free after a while. MS advertized these minor DLCs in such a way to make them sound like a spectacular deal, and people fell for it.

The same thing happened with paying to play online. Prior to 360, the only people that paid to play online were some MMOers. Now Activision and others are trying to move to the same business model across all platforms.

All because people fell for the tricks, and decided that it was OK to pay in the first place. If nobody would've bought Gold, it would have become free, just like it did on Windows Live. Same goes for the map packs. If people would've refused to pay for them on 360, they would've been made free.

Sorry, but the pay to play model was first really pushed by MS on 360, and it is currently ruining the entire gaming industry with this new found revenue source. It wouldn't be so bad if these were real value added items, but they aren't, they are just new charges on the same shit we've been getting for free for decades.

As for Half Life, Episode 1 and 2 are not DLCs. They are standalone games. They were shorter, so they sold for less per game. Seems fair to me. Less content, less price. That's a fair business model. Not this shit where I pay $15 for a map pack the day the $60 game (with less content than it's predecessors) came out.

Short version = like it or not, the 360's business model is having a detrimental effect on the consumers of the gaming industry, period. We now pay more for less.

20. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    XBLA sales

[​IMG]

Microsoft leads all hardware and software sales. 1.7 million consoles sold last quarter compared to 1.5 million the previous year. revenue up 29%.

21. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith

Thanks Received:
    New games that i picked up recently and playing them right now are: Alice Madness Returns, Lego Harry Potter (dont ask xD), Castlevania, Armored Core Games, Ninety Nine Nights, Saboteur, Bourne Conspiracy.......

Some of these games are awesome. Some not so much.... >_<

22. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    SYSTEM :

Jasper Elite.

PERIPHERALS/ACCESSORIES:
    1x black controller with red joysticks and D-pad, and white triggers.

LIVE GAMER TAG:

Kevin7510

GAMES OWNED:

Too many :3

CURRENTLY PLAYING:

GTA IV, Assassins creed 1

CURRENT FAVOURITE GAME(s):

GTA IV, fallout 3

MOST ANTICIPATED GAME(S)

Gta 5? Elder scrolls 5.

23. Ray_Rogers2109

Ray_Rogers2109 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just sold my XBOX 360 and I'll rebuying it as the XBOX 360 250GB Slim model. Next year.

24. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
  25. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith

Thanks Received:
    Just got "Catherine"...god this game is weird as hell but interesting as well. Twisted to the core though xD