1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xclio??

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Jeff574, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Jeff574 New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    I don't personally know anything about the Xclio, however what I can do is provide you with a few alternatives that I know are supposed to have great airflow, in case you don't go with the Xclio.

NZXT Tempest
    Supposedly good air flow, was NZXT's answer to the Antec 900

Antec 900
    Claimed by many to be the best gamer's case in a long time. It's a good 100 dollar case, but not very high quality. Get what you pay for.

Antec 1200
    Tossed this one in because its actually a full tower like yours, where as the first 2 links are only mid towers.

There are some others that I know have good airflow but they are really getting away from the price of your provided link, so I'm not sure if budget will play in. The only thing to remember is that the cheaper cases are that way for a reason. But that doesn't mean you can't get a good case in the process. Sorry I couldn't provide you with more info on the Xclio, hopefully someone knows more about it.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
    Jeff574 says thanks.
  3. DarkEgo

DarkEgo

Thanks Received:
    Jeff574 says thanks.
  4. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I have the Antec 1200 and it is such a great case. Keeps my temps great. I just want an 120mm side panel fan since it doesnt come with one. Id like to have someone's Antec 900 or 1200 case fans if they replaced them with something different. :)

Here is my case.
    Jeff574 says thanks.
  5. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    If the Antec 900 and 1200 cost too much the Antec 300 is a nice case and has nice airflow (a friend of mine has one and i plan on getting one soon)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    nzxt-tempest
    true
    airflow
    king!
    ive got one really good case apart its not a top end enthusiast case its a midrange case with enthusiast features
  7. Jeff574 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmmm do you think i will be able to fix 2 GTX 260's in the tempest??
  8. OzzmanFloyd120

OzzmanFloyd120

Thanks Received:
    I can tell you off hand that that case you have picked out in the first post would be terrible for SLI if you want airflow because the HDD rack will block any intake fan you have. I had that same problem with my old case. If you want to see what I did to fix the problem look at the "best case mod ever" link in my sig.
    Jeff574 says thanks.
  9. CarolinaKSU New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the X-Clio A380+ (with the 300mm side fan!!! :D ) and I absolutely love it. The only thing with it is, like Ozzman mentioned above, is that the HDD cage does kind of block airflow a little bit from the front fan. Eventually I am going to dig the tin snips out and cut the little grill out that is between the back of the fan and the inside of the case. That blocks air way more than the hard drives.

Plus, having lots of air moving over your drives is never a bad thing! :toast:
    Jeff574 says thanks.
  10. Jeff574 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmmm well the xclio is out then, i want maximum air flow... i might go tempest but i donno if a mid tower would fit both gtx260's..

**EDIT**
    btw, nice case mod ozz :p
  11. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    You're wrong, dude: the HDD cage is exactly where it's supposed to be. I have the Twin Engine (PDF file) case from ACase!

It cools down the HDDs better then any 3rd party HDD coolers and i should know because i had bought a couple of coolers for my HDDs and, a few months later i bought this case and ... WOW: 5 to 6º less temp with the front fan then with the hdd coolers, and the coolers had given me a few degrees already.

Check the temp of the HDD on this pic (right above the CPU fan RPM):

[​IMG]

The big problem with this case is that, unless you remove the side panel, you won't be able to fit big coolers like True, Tuniq Tower and such. I got myself a Noctua NH-C12P to bypass that prob.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  12. Jeff574 New Member

Thanks Received:
  13. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    A proc on 15 degrees? Wow, that's either wicked liquid cooling or one heck of a cold room:twitch:
  14. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    I don't have air conditioner and i'm using the cooler i mentioned: guess it's option number 2 ... :)

Ran Linpack with this config and got 42º max (5 passes): that's 6º more then with prime95.

In the Summer, temps are quite a bit higher, though: around 25-28 on idle. Don't recall load temps: sorry :(
  15. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    Well, theoretically, any temperature achieved with air cooling can't be colder than the air temperature itself. Though possibly the heatpipes provide some extra punch as they are small phase changers.
  16. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Trust me: it ain't.

Back on topic, have you (the OP) checked out Lian Li cases? I keep hearing loads of good things about this brand of cases. Can't help you pick one though, since i'm unfamiliar with them myself :(