1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xfire sapphire 5770's vapor X

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Spamhawk, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Spamhawk New Member

Thanks Received:
    So umm, first I'll just say hi, because I'm new on these forums, although I've been coming to this place for reviews for a fairly long time.

So yeah, I bought these 2 5770's like a week ago, and today I decided it was time for some oc'ing.
    Downloaded Afterburner, installed it + Kombustion. Decided to run the Kombustion stability test with stock clocks first to see what the temps were like (I've overclocked before, every card I've ever owned actually). So I check out temps in kombustion and it says the top card is hitting like 80°C + while the bottom card remains below between 60 and 70°C. Isn't the top card a little too hot? Or is this normal?
    Will the temp difference go up once I start overclocking or will it remain the same? Is it safe for these cards? and what I a safe range of temps?

Thanks in advance.

2. jellyrole

jellyrole

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the forums!

You may want to put some new thermal paste on the GPU's, but those temps are okay. When you overclock, the difference should stay about the same, however, the temperatures are going to go up.

3. PCpraiser100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I own the same GPU setup, and welcome to the forums.

Your OC should be fine but I highly recommend finding a powerful fan for the side of your case if you want to OC any further than the current result.

4. heky

heky

Thanks Received:
    Also try setting the fan speed manually to 100% and observe the temperatures while overclocking. Good luck, the 5770 should overclock like a beast. Oh, and welcome to TPU.

5. Spamhawk New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the friendly reception guys/gals really appreciate it, this looks like a great community.
    I really appreciate the advice. That'll be my next purchase then, a more powerful fan to blow onto the cards. Any advice on that? Or am I going off topic?