• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFORMA Presents the MBX MKII Limited Edition PC Case

System Name Blackbird
Processor AMD Threadripper 3960X 24-core
Motherboard Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master
Cooling Full custom-loop water cooling, mostly Aqua Computer and EKWB stuff!
Memory 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident-Z RGB @3733-CL14
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Storage Samsung 950PRO 512GB, Crusial P5 2TB, Samsung 850PRO 1TB
Display(s) LG 38GN950-B 38" IPS TFT, Dell U3011 30" IPS TFT
Case CaseLabs TH10A
Audio Device(s) Edifier S1000DB
Power Supply ASUS ROG Thor 1200W (SeaSonic)
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M800
Software MS Windows 10 Pro for Workstation
Benchmark Scores A lot.
Why is the display from the optional Aquaero facing inwards? Doesn't make any sense... o_O
This seems to be a case simply for looks. Those flimsy side panels won't survive more than a few openings of the case. I'm not impressed.
The only things I like are the custom PCBs to reduce cable clutter and of course the chrome pipes. I hope they are real chrome pipes and not cheap acrylic pipes with some chrome paint. :rolleyes:

We are in 2015 man. When you can cut out anything you want on a water jet machine for a reasonable price. The machine itself costs 10000$ or more yet these bastards want 300000$ for this run of 250 cases. They could buy 30 machines for the money they want to make. Yet I bet they didn't even buy one. Just paid a shop to cut it for them for well under 10000$ for the whole batch...

Not for a quality machine. Good water jet cutters are $50,000+ (usually more towards $100k) and have very high maintenance/operating costs. They'd also need a CNC mill, press brake, sand blasting cabinet, and other equipment, space for all that equipment, and experienced operators to work them.

Even at the price they're asking, 250 units is nowhere near enough to justify the cost of doing manufacturing in-house for this design.