1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX 4850 1GB (Red Light stays lit upon restart)

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by ASRockIQ, Sep 15, 2009.

1. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey guys, recently now since i have been using the Instant Boot App. from ASRock but the Card has been acting Funny but runs fine. it's just now that when i want to Restart Windows the Card's Light stays lit (And doesn't Display anything) instead of just Flash once. now when i turn off my PC and turn back on things come to normal (The Light Flash once and the Card Displays). idk if it has anything to do with my OC settings or the App.

i tried disabling the App. and changing to my normal Power Settings and the Card still stayed lit and not display anything upon restart.

i tried upping the VCore Voltage to 1.4 from 1.37 but things didn't change at all. what's going on?

Edit: O... and can i note that nothing goes wrong when using the Instant Boot App. the Card and everything else Display/Works Fine.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It seems like the board is not supplying PCI-E slot power when not using the instant boot app. Motherboard problem.
  3. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ New Member

Thanks Received:
    eh, so it's not all a bad thing. the Mobo has a molex connector for when using two Cards. what would happen if i used that for one card?
  4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I honestly don't know. I don't want to say try it and have it kill your card or anything. Have you tried using a different slot?
  5. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ New Member

Thanks Received:
    i don't think i could do that cause ASRock uses the old method with a CF Switch Card (Switching from 8x/16x). idk what the results would be if i were to move the Card down to the Blue Slot. i would most likely have to switch the Card over to 8x.
  6. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ New Member

Thanks Received:
    do i need two Crossfire Cables for my two XFX 4850s? i flipped my Switch Card around to 8x and plugged in the Molex 4pin to the 4pin Connector on my Mobo. i think i need two Crossfire Cables cause the second card's Fan wasn't spinning 100% and Windows still only detecting one Card.

Edit: o... and also i also have this DVI to HDMI Cable. when i plugged it in the Monitor displayed but not at Full Res.? what's with that?
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  7. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bump, anyone? (Sorry for the Bump) TeeHee