1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX 5870 XXX problems

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Jflynn0, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Jflynn0

Thanks Received:
    everything was fine until i installed ccc 10.7 i was running Crossfire with xfx 5870 xxx,a regular 5870 from xfx. I was trying to get rid of the black screen that happens sometimes when i play Battlefield BC2. Now the problem is that the screens have gone dark. It is permanently dim like when you open a new program and it is asking permission( that how dark it has gotten) I have installed the other card and it works fine(by itself). tried unistalling drivers going to older drivers, stopped crossfire , clean registry. everything but nothing is getting rid of this. When the cards has no display drivers the displays come up to regular brightness. but when you install CC and restart everything is dim. If any one has any idea i will greatly appreciate the help

System Specs
    intel i7 920
    Asus Pt6 v2
    Patriot 1600 6gb
    Cosair 850
    XFX 5870xxx
    XFX 5870

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  3. Jflynn0

Thanks Received:
    AWW I tried that but when i installed the driver and rebooted went back to the dim screen

4. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    IN CCC, under the options menu, is "reset factory defaults"...give it a try. Probably just nerf colour/brightness values.

5. Jflynn0

Thanks Received:
    oK now i just hooked a third monitor that i had around the house with an active display port adapter and the third monitor and that display is fine.

6. Jflynn0

Thanks Received:
    Haaaaaa. That was awesome, Reset worked LOL. You would think this was my first day on a computer as much of a problem this was giving me. thanks I appreciated you guys help.