1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX Warranty

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Zen_, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Zen_

Zen_

Thanks Received:
    Wondering if anyone here has dealt with XFX for a warranty replacement. I bought a used 6870 a couple months ago and it seems to be toast with black lines, split screen, artifacts, and then an OS crash...in games and in windows explorer. Did all the usual troubleshooting and everything points to a defective card. Anyway it's one of the double lifetime warranty cards, the last owner registered it, then I registered it for the second warranty.

It's been three days now with an open service ticket and I'm beggining to think there is going to be a run around trying to get a replacement. If I do get a replacement, will it be another 6870 or a "comparable" card they currently offer?

:banghead:
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    usually takes a bit...what I used to do was look for the rating system on the support tickets. Lowball it as very unsatisfied, and usually they responded shortly after I did that. I do remember them taking their sweet ass time to reply ever since I was returning 7600GTs.
  3. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    shame on you!!!
  4. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    why cause I said sweet ass, or that I kept blowing up 7600GTs with a pencil, and under their warranty they accepted that at the time?
  5. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, theres been a bit of a misunderstanding.... I was under the impression that you tried to RMA a single or a pair of 7600GT's in this day and age when most of those cards have had probably as much time in the basement as Elisabeth Fritzl
  6. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    Oh...lol, it was in reference to the time when I noticed they were slow. Can't imagine its really gotten much better since;)
  7. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    When I RMA'd through XFX I got email replies within 36hrs (business days only, not weekends or holidays). The process was pretty straight forward, no hoops- and even though they could not replicate my issue, they did replace the card.

This was a couple years ago when they were still selling NVIDIA cards.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I think, Unless you RMA directly to the retailer who has the same item or the equivalent to replace it with instantly. you are generally looking at waiting at least 1month....

Ive seen manufacturers/retailers quote a turnaround of two weeks but but from my experience very few of them get anywhere close.
  9. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I never had a issue with them although only dealt with them with a 4890 which i needed sent else were and they sent him a 6850 i believe it was.

Try phoning them too, it can help.

I think they will give you a 7xxx range but should bring up the matter of been given a item with less warranty in return to see what they say.
  10. Zen_

Zen_

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully it will go ok, and thankfully the Z68 boards have onboard graphic awesomeness for a backup. Thanks for the input.
  11. Zen_

Zen_

Thanks Received:
    Dang, really?

Being that I had the card on the second warranty from XFX's "double" lifetime, I was finally approved for an RMA and sent it to their service center in California today. I will not be a happy camper it it takes a month...damn thing broke right when GW2 launched!
  12. NeoCrisis

NeoCrisis

Thanks Received:
    Ive RMA 3 cards from XFX and it has taken less than a week. Granted I do live about 30 miles away from their HQ. Depending on where you live. If you are in the US then it generally takes around 1.5-2 weeks from start to finish. XFX is decent on their CS its better to actually phone and speak with someone. EVGA has one of the best Gigabite MSI are decent ASUS is probably one of the worse.