1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xigmatek AIO-S80DP All-in-1 liquid cooling system

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Techtu, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Just curious if any of you guy's have used this or know of any that has? Look's kinda cool, but it doesn't say it support's AM3.

[​IMG]

Seem's kinda cheap for what it is I think, isit as good as it looks?
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Techtu says thanks.
  3. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Seem's an ok little cooler, but it's not for me I don't think, I want a new cooler though :( my xiggy hasn't really got any sense of style, so despite it doing it's job extremely well I'm still looking for something new.

Thanks for finding me the review :toast:
  4. TeXBill

TeXBill

Thanks Received:
    A friend of mine has one and it doesn't even work as good as just a regular air cooler so he took it off and started using his ziggy (XIGMATEK dark knight) again...
    He was very unhappy with the price he paid for very little performance.
    More than 25k PPD
  5. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    Ive heard the same there ugly and just as good as a high end air cooler
  6. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    the price where I'd usually shop it is not even £2 more than the Xigmatek S1283 (my currect cooler) which is what I will be comparing ALL my future HSF's with, it may be a bulky load but the fan rarely ever reaches 900rpm nevermind 1000rpm :D and temp's are ALWAYS lower than 50 degree's C! with an overclock of near 4Ghz (3.8 to be exact). but it just isn't an eye catcher to be honest isit :(
  7. TeXBill

TeXBill

Thanks Received:
    It's fugly to me and the performance is terrible...Not something I would want in my Rig...:roll:
    More than 25k PPD
  8. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    I was onabout my current HSF ;)

The one in question here though I actually quite liked... but the more I looked at it the more I didn't like it... so I stopped looking :laugh:
  9. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    Any CPU cooler will keep your amd under 50c,you only really need an aftermarket solution if your using intel
  10. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm, I do find it hard to believe that any cooler will keep it below 50 with an overclock of 3.8Ghz (24/7). I've certainly seen/heard of people getting higher temp
    s than that + with apparently better cooler's than my xiggy, and those people are from here at TPU.
    hec
    You may right in general, but what you have to consider is everyone's day to day living is different.. i know your thinking wtf what has this got to do with anything, but basic I'm on about the temperature that people like to live in, plus the quality of the house insulation/pc near window/radiator etc then you also have the fact that some chips will be hotter than others anyway, example, my 6400+ that was horrible to keep cool, even with my xiggy on it, it was hard to keep below 60 when gaming with a slight overclock. but yet other's with the same chip was just fine -55c or less, I was just unlucky to get a hot chip that time around.

P.S. Sorry If it seem's like I'm being argumentative, I really don't mean to be :toast:
  11. Exile_Chavez

Exile_Chavez New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have a xigmatek dark knight on my 3.2 quad(factory overclocked i didnt do it so dont start that) and i have issues pushing the thing over 43*C, and even gotten it down all the way to 31*C even while i am doing something. i love my dark knight, just saying worth every penny. speaking of my heatsink i should repaste it soon.......cuz when i put it on for the first time i managed to hit 28*C, and didnt go over 36*C while gaming. but just sayin, xig dark knight, amazing cooler
  12. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Same as cooler if I'm not mistaken... just 'dark' :D
  13. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    AM3 and AM2 have the same mounting system.

Anywhom!

I've always wanted one of these due to the cheapness ( £28 I saw them for last) I think with two decent fans they might be some fun, or hell mod it!

You get to 80mm rads in there :D

Could be a fun project.
  14. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    They are going for £23.48 from Scan so once postage is on top of that you'd probably be looking at around £28 anyway's so it seem's for whatever reason they've been able to hold their price.
  15. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    So going to buy one of these next time I have money to burn : ]

Unless you grab one and end up not liking it, may take yours off your hands.

I fancy an easy modding project.

( longer water tubes, external radiator stack/tower thing with the best 80mm fans I can get.)