1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xilence Debuts the Black Hornet PC Case

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Cristian_25H

Cristian_25H News Poster

Thanks Received:
    Taiwanese company Xilence Technology has now introduced a new PC chassis, the Black Hornet. Described as the 'little brother' of the Interceptor model, the Black Hornet measures 200 x 493 x 490 mm, is painted black both inside and out, and features a steel structure, a front I/O panel with USB 3.0 (x 2), eSATA (x 1) and HD Audio ports, a built-in SATA drive dock (it supports both 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch drives), and seven PCI slots.

Xilence's case also has four exposed 5.25-inch bays, two 2.5-inch and four 3.5-inch internal drive bays, two hot-swap drive trays accessible through the front, and two built-in fans - one 120 mm spinner at the back and one 140 mm model with red LEDs in front. The Black Hornet costs 89.90 Euro and is now shipping to stores.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Side panel looks to be mighty flimsy. There even seems to be a small dent on it in the picture.
  3. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    I agree, but I think I must be blind or something cos I can't find the small dent. D= Could you please explain where it is?

EDIT: nvm, I think i see it now. ( near the two corners of the protruding section closest to the front of the case).
  4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    i think it made that way and it's just the angle of the picture as i believe all that center part is indented slightly ( their is one higher up from it too.

Well anyways YUK...
  5. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    If there's one "dent" you see, then the one just opposite it isn't a "dent"? Even though they're mirror images? LOL
  6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    By design ?.. either way looks bad lol.. Maybe erocker found more dents hehe.

[​IMG]
  7. Oandwalkaway New Member

Thanks Received:
    Rebranded Enermax Hoplite? Is Enermax an OEM for cases? Having a Rosewill Blackhawk next to me I'm shocked at how many times I've seen it "introduced" by yet another company. Still... I'd trade it for the green version from Sharkoon in a second. Doubt this version has the Enermax fans but it looks to bring more than the Hoplite, that could be a plus or minus depending on how well you rate the vegas fans.
    Hokum says thanks.
  8. Static~Charge

Static~Charge

Thanks Received:
    You nailed it. The Black Hornet is a Hoplite case with red accents, a slightly bigger front fan, and USB 3.0 ports on the front (with black plastic inside them - thanks for following the accepted standards, Xilence :shadedshu ).