• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XpertVision X1600Pro, Find max core/mem doesnt work

Anads

Hi,

I have a XpertVision (Palit) X1600Pro Golden edition. When I try to use "find max core/mem" the result is that Ati tool raises clock rate so far that the card/program crashes. So it doesnt find any Artifacts and it gets on and on rising the clock rate before crash. Crash happens about at 680Mhz core and 750Mhz memory (Default is 573/648). I have tried 0.25 Beta 14 and 0.24 with windows XP and XP 64, same problem in all.

Any ideas? Thanks for help.

JaiQwan

Processor P4 660 3.60 LGA 775, 800Mhz FSB,1MB L2
Motherboard P5AD2 E Premium, Intel 925XE Chipset
Cooling VC Stock HSF, CPU THERMALRIGHT XP120
Memory CORSAIR XMS2 Pro Series Dual Channel 240-Pin 1GB
Video Card(s) ATI X1900 XTX
Storage (1) Raptor 74GB (1) Caviar 250GB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 192N
Case Lian Li V1000
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy2 ZS GAMER LE PCI
Power Supply Hiper Type R 580W - Modular
Software WinXp, ATI Tool, Macromedia MX Bundle
First question, which drivers are you useing, Did you use the install CD or Download them, are you useing the CCC.
There are known issues wit some drivers, and having ATI Tool OC the VC as well as the CCC along with the ATI over drive is what could be causing the problem.

Now if the drivers are not an isue, and you can watch ATI Tool rase the clocks and then crashs, that means it has gone a little to far, and when you reboot it should show a pop up stateing the last stable clocks, at that point you back off a little and it should be okay.

Bottom line, post more info,,, as in system specs and driver info and versions.

Anads said:
Hi,

I have a XpertVision (Palit) X1600Pro Golden edition. When I try to use "find max core/mem" the result is that Ati tool raises clock rate so far that the card/program crashes. So it doesnt find any Artifacts and it gets on and on rising the clock rate before crash. Crash happens about at 680Mhz core and 750Mhz memory (Default is 573/648). I have tried 0.25 Beta 14 and 0.24 with windows XP and XP 64, same problem in all.

Any ideas? Thanks for help.