1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

yes a new issue!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by newguy24, Jan 16, 2011.

1. newguy24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok so im really about to sell this new PC, its nothing but a joke.....So i come home last-night and the fans are running but monitor button is flashing. Now remember the dam thing wont sleep like it should be doing, so i click mouse move a button nothing happens. I power it off/on.. see the MOBO flash screen , see welcome to windows then the screen light flashes on monitor and just sits there. Do the same process and i get nothing...no flash screen ...no welcome to windows, just monitor flashing. repeat the process of powering down, powering back up i get MOBO flash screen i see windows starting then have a white line flashing in top left corner. REPEAT SHUTTING IT OFF/ON, try to get to safe mode it says, something about delete restoration and continue to system boot...or boot system normal i try both, nothing works just monitor flashing. Shut it off go to bed, just woke up...fires up fine...WHAT THE HECK??? the mobo to hot?? the hard-drive is finally dead?? but how I'm i on it now?? EEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR why wont PC sleep!!

who wants it?? lol

2. Chewers

Chewers New Member

Thanks Received:
    did u try system recovery? if that doesnt help, do some memtest from hirens bcd or other.

3. newguy24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    no system recover....im on it now running like nothing happen, so weird? i memtest? could be memory now.....eeerrr...you have a link for this scan..

4. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    You should try running Memtest and calm down a bit. its your first computer and problems should be expected. Also you can turn off the sleeping schedule in Windows Control Panel, Ive had this problem a couple times on boot where it would just black screen, but i would just turn it off and turn it back on and it would work just like before. Also have you tried another power supply??

Its a DOS memory error checking program. you have to burn it to a disk and then boot from it. Go to Guru3d it should be their.

5. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
  6. Chewers

Chewers New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yup - go for HBCD - i think one of the best diag tool set.. it could be faulty ram or windows loader issue. Is your windows genuine?

7. newguy24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have tried to run HBCD but for some reason i must be doing it wrong ill try again

this scans for everything?

downloading...wow slow......lol

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  8. Chewers

Chewers New Member

Thanks Received:
    Search for alternative download places... Yes, i have HBCD 10 and it has 2 Dos memtest.

P.S. CD/DVD isn't only option to run it, u can use Flashdrive as well..

9. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

10. newguy24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol yes i have lmao.........i just burn iso file to CD and booted from CD...this Hirens.BootCD.13.0 doesnt come with a step for running so idk what all the other files are...just see an ISo file figure i burn that to CD and boot is this correct?

11. Chewers

Chewers New Member

Thanks Received:
    get img burn and choose burn image to disc.

12. newguy24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok its running now this memtest is only testing memory? ? If it finds an error how do I know what memory stick it is? Also would this cause the error that i posted about my hard drive, getting an error in windows basically telling me I have a hard drive error n too back stuff up some thought it was malware...since on my phone can't post other thread plz look of ya could...lets hope scan comes back ok

Thanks guys

13. Chewers

Chewers New Member

Thanks Received:
    which one off memtests ure running? for checking hdd use HDTune for GUI or ViVard for DOS.

14. THRiLL KiLL

THRiLL KiLL

Thanks Received:
    you cant.

If it errors. you get to test each memory stick. if each passes you get to test each memory slots.

Welcome to the world of computers.

15. newguy24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    When will I know if it's over just got home and I'm running for almost 5 hours it says it's found 4 errors....god dam.....so these errors mean my memory is bad??(i stop testing i felt it was retesting same error, if it can finish in 5 hours....jeeezz)

[​IMG]

and this post

new computer new error

this means i have a bad hard drive all from a new pc, so what is my next step??

if its a manufacturer return, anyone have there contact info???

It did memtest 86 + version 4.15

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  16. newguy24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    is there anyway that the memory has an error, and its causes the error of "windows detects a hard disk problem"

or is it an error, in memory and hard drive?? when i scaned hard drive i didnt get any error messages only error message i got was the one above , and thats for the memory correct? lol

17. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    Memory errors can cause 101 different windows error. Now you get to test each stick, 1 at a time seated in the first slot to see which sticks are bad. fun fun :banghead:

Oh, another thing - check the heatsink isn't on too tight. I've heard about memory problems occurring due to improperly seated heatsinks.

18. newguy24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    so i take all the memory out, and put one stick into the memory slot 1....and then run the memtest?? and how long do i run it?only ask because it seems like the test runs forever....last time it was 5 hours and didnt even stop i stopped it.

cant i just get all 4 sticks and hard drive replaced ??? lol

19. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    The test is continuous even if there are errors.
    It's time consuming and frustrating.

But yes the sure fire way is to get rid of the ram and hard drive.
    Replace them with a new set.

If I were in your situation I would be angry at the PC too.:D

20. newguy24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok so if its continuous...how long do i run it??4-5 passes? also im thinking this memory and hard drive is going to be harder to return then i think......but ill try it.

21. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    You should see errors in 4-5 passes.

It can be difficult to isolate if the ram is slightly dodgy.

22. jsfitz54

jsfitz54

Thanks Received:
    Looking at your screenshot of memtest it appears that you are underclocking your memory. Are you running the memory in XMP mode and are you overclocking...BCLK is 134 (stock is 133 on my board...ASUS and Intel i7 950)? Try setting Mobo Bios to default then go and set your memory feature to XMP...F10 and save, reboot. I'm not familiar with Gigabyte Bios. Then run one stick at a time, for one pass, for memory errors.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  23. newguy24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    this system has had way too many problems....i havent even tried/ started any overclocking process.....havent overclocked video card/memory/cpu...nothing. so thats weird...underclocking?? i didnt touch anything in bios...i did how every do a bios update.

Im going to call tomorrow about the returns BUT i feel there going to want me to ship it there, and thus if i do i wont have a system probably for 2 weeks....eeerrrr why dont they ship first and then ill return if not they could charge me ya know?? :banghead::banghead:

24. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    likely its too little IMC voltage set by default;) I'm sure it needs a raising with 12GB installed. Also the others are correct, the memtest window shows your memory at 1078mhz at 8-8-8 (thats not right).

25. newguy24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    so how would i fix all this?? i must of flash bios with wrong flash???? ...remmeber this picture was taking while it was testing if that matters.....so the memory isnt bad?? its just set wrong??

how is this even possible?? im so lost...