1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

You like Fifa on PC, READ THIS

Discussion in 'Games' started by KainXS, Jun 25, 2009.

1. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I'm all for improving gameplay(more than likely a lie too) but this is absolute nonsense, PC gamers take another smack in the face, how can a PC not have better graphics than a console . . . . . even if it has the best hardware available(and PC and 360 games are not very different in how they are developed), . . . . why oh why is EA so cheap, they pulled this with Underground also, well, . . . . underground looked and played bad on consoles also so maybe now.

I was gonna buy this for pc, but after reading this, . . . theres not a chance in im buyin it now.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,687915/FIFA-10-PC-graphics-not-on-console-level/News/

2. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Stupid EA is stupid, I guess.

I'd still buy the game though (there's hardly any PES here. I can get Winning Eleven but it's not English obviously).

3. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad I got a old 360 now, even if it barely works, at least I can still play it the way its meant to look

4. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    You know whats funny; EA is updating FIFA every year, better and better etc, but in my opinion eleven year old Fifa 99 is the best, because it is fun. I have Fifa 09, but its not that fun anymore somehow.

5. thesonglessbird New Member

Thanks Received:
    Pro Evo again for me this year then!

EA really must be stupid. Surely FIFA isn't all that much more demanding than a maxed out Sims 3!

6. wolf2009 Guest

agreed. that was outright fun. haven't had fun since. 2000 was ok, but 99 was better. Somehow they have put in a lot of stuff into fifa, but I have been driven away form it towards pro evo.

Oh and EA are probably right. The world outside of US does not always have access to such cheap hardware. The hardware costs double of what it does here in some countries due to import duties and shipping. So most people just have onboard chipsets.

7. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    fifa looks like crud on the PC, close up graphically its great it zooms into the player on a corner and stuff and its nice but then you wonder why its so shitty when zoomed out and playing normal

pes is the best its gameplay is good but they need to fix the AI and its hard to pull off tricks when you are playing in game, you can pull of a trick or something with a button combo but to do that while dribbling ect its hard they need to simplify that, the AI is shit sometimes you get a foul and its like nothing happens, or you get snapped to fuck and they get away with it all the time, they also tend to be invincible at times too it feels cheap and not challenging at all its like damn there is nothing i can do to stop rooney or barca beating me

fifa used to be cool back in 1998 now not so much but it has its fan boys

i am waiting for a decent game ill buy fifa if it is better than pes but it handles like a brick the only draw is its fantastic amount of teams and its all official

EDIT: FIFA can be good on the pc its just that the general audience is console gamers the average footie fan uses his pc for internet and its probly a prebuilt piece of S.....

8. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    It's not anyone here that is the issue, they aren't saying the best hardware has issues, they are saying most of the people picking up the games have comps with built in videocards and it just isnt worth the money for them to sink a ton into higher settings when barely anyone uses them. It sucks, but it's true, part of the reason WoW is booming, yes they added things in, but at the end of the day, on lowest settings I could almost play it on my TI-83, lol.

9. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, their logic is basically the reasoning of Bollocks!

PC games running on any decent PC less than 3 years old piss all over console games in terms of performance and visual quality.

If they can release Crysis over 2 years ago when even the most up to date gaming rigs today still struggle to max it out properly, then they can release poxy FIFA (so-called next gen) on PC.

The bottom line is that if they are going to continue to serve up this PS2 crap for PC gamers then they will NEVER have my custom. Damn, I wouldn't even go to the bother of bootlegging FIFA for the PC.

PES all the way for PC gamers which isn't a bad thing as it is still a cracking game and PES 2010 looks like it is set to really raise the bar (finally) and bring the series into the current generation.

10. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    EA is trying to phase out PCs period. I'm one of the supporters of Madden 10 on PC. I've been at one of the board that the Madden developers actually visit and they won't do it. Piracy, lacking machines, or any thing to not make them and keep charging $60+ for games. I'm like oblivious you guy create the games on computers unless the consoles have development tools I didn't know about.

11. reverze

Thanks Received:
    Fifa 09 on xbox360 is awesome.

I just wish it could be the same on PC.. same for NHL 09..

12. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is why pes2009 is so much better then fifa09. Fifa09 is nothing more then a PS2 on the PC. It's horrible and would never buy it on the PC.

13. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah....PIRACY and/or long term marketing strategies are the real answer here.

But I think the 'real' impacts of piracy on a proper FIFA on PC would be minimalised as the main aspect of the game is its online functionality. For most bootleggers, if they play a pirate copy of a game then they dont play online.

Sure, there would be plenty pirate copies of FIFA installed on machines but largely by folks who would have no intention of forking out for the full version anyhow.

So it must be some kind of long term marketing strategy at play.

well fuck em,

they can stick there a'la 2003 PS2 n00b FIFA PC gaylord version right up there gold and diamond lined arseholes.

PES 2010 all the way and yes, I will actually be buying it with real money handed over a real counter.

P.S. And I will not even waste a single kilobyte of download quota from my unlimted giganews account on the dire piece of shit that will be FIFA 10 PC.

14. reverze

Thanks Received:
    When is PES 2010 released?

15. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Well, most of us here can probably max it out no? isn't the average computer consist of having integrated graphics?

But true... NHL 08/09 were much better on my ps3 then on PC... by alot...

16. BradleyKZN

BradleyKZN New Member

Thanks Received:
    i agree with you 500%!

17. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    October 2009.