1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

You want to see one of the great new things about the new HD cards?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DaMulta, Nov 12, 2007.

1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    You can now use any VGA block again!!!!!​

[​IMG]

With the hd2900XT you had to be careful on what block you bought. The side bars around the diamond GPU. Would stop you from using any block that you wanted to use.

As you can also tell we are also back to the X1950XTX with the copper on the memory, and not the sheet that covered the whole HD2900XT.

Good times to come:rockout:

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I like everything about the design of the cooler except for the fins on the fan. They could of done better.

3. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol... the stock cooler looks terrible, to be honest. I would immediately tear off that stock cooler + copper block, but leave the RAM cooling on. One thing, I would purchase the gigabyte model due to the presupplied VF700ALCU, which clearly is superior to that :wtf: I mean, the cooler's size is thanks to the plastic shroud (looks cool though), but I would definately, remove that small and piddly cooler block. Some manufacturer should make that copper cooler bigger, I mean, the X1950PRO got better cooling than this! :wtf:.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007