• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Your PC ATM

[Ion]

WCG Team Assistant
System Name Niedersachsen / Ribe / Minsk
Processor i3 3240 / i7-3520M / 4x Opteron 6376 @ 2.86GHz
Motherboard BIOSTAR H61M / HP Q77 / Supermicro H8QG7
Cooling Stock / Stock / 4x 1U G34
Memory 1x8GB / 2x4GB / 4x4GB
Video Card(s) GTX260 / Intel HD 4000 / nVidia GT310
Storage 80GB Intel SSD / 256GB Intel SSD / 2x 60GB SSD (RAID1)
Display(s) Dell 3007 + HP 2245w / 12.1" 1366x768 / None
Case Antec NSK3480 / HP / Supermicro 1U
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Enermax 500W / HP 130W / Supermicro Gold 1400W
Keyboard IBM Model M
Software Windows 7 (Niedersachsen/Ribe) / Linux Mint 17.2 (Minsk)
Model M keyboard there? I love mine!

System Name N7
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Motherboard Asrock B450 Gaming-ITX
Cooling Custom loop
Memory Gskill F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX6900XT Red Dragon
Storage Intel 545s 256gb, Samsung 840 series 250gb, WD Blue 1tb ssd
Display(s) AOC Q3279VWFD8 1440p
Case Enthoo Evolv mAtx
Audio Device(s) onboard, Steelseries Arctis 3
Power Supply Seasonic GX750
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
Software Windows 10 64 bit
Benchmark Scores Firestrike 21626 Time Spy 8907
Bit dusty but having my setup in the basement is great for temps!

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
I sold my PC, because Pentium G3258 was a total crap and I couldn't afford getting an i5 or i7. Now I need to buy a docking station :p

Seeing this mouse with no carpet underneath is just hurting me :) In the name of your mice's teflon feet I command you to buy a mousepad right meow!

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃B550-I Strix
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lone Industries L5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
@GreiverBlade You know, I hate being wrong, but I think I'm gonna have to admit that you're a lot smarter than I in picking the Alpha over something like I am doing. It truly is a travel-portable desktop.

At the end of the day, this thing is heavy. "Oh, but it has such a thick front aluminium panel that it must be like carrying around a lead weight." Alright then, I'll swap that D9L for a L9i and move the thing to a smaller and lighter SG05, and I can kiss goodbye to my 4790K in the process. Why? Because without severe undervolting and underclocking, and between it and the ST45SF-G fighting for air, there's no way a 4790K is going to stay under 80 degrees at 90%+ load, and definitely not with a high-end video card dumping heat into the case. Why not an AIO, then, if a L9i can't cut it? Because not everyone at CATSA, TSA and Border Force knows what a liquid cooler is (and has the patience to hear you out on what it is), and it probably isn't in the slightest bit smart in the face of tightening regulations regarding carry-on liquids. While we're on the topic of high-end video cards, all these open cooler designs just dump heat straight into the case. What about blowers, you ask? Blowers are air-starved no less than other coolers, pressed up against those side panels, and if you don't believe me, take temperatures with the case top on/off on the SG05 and SG08 and you'll soon see what I mean. It'll work, but it's going to howl like a banshee.

While we're on the topic of blowers, blowers also tend to be very long cards. What's the issue here? Well, if you have a really long card, sure it "fits" when you're comparing it to the case dimensions on paper, but you're going to be using a non-modular PSU in order to fit the card. What does this mean? This means that the end of the card likely butts up against the mass of cables coming out of the PSU. That's a problem. Furthermore, a long card might fit but if it has a backplate, you either have to ditch the backplate or tape up the PSU using electrical tape and hope that jamming the card in there doesn't bend the PCB of the card/short it. So you manage to fit it all in. The case is horizontally oriented, so has the weight of the card caused severe sag in the PCIe slot area of the motherboard? Does it need a little round rubber pad in there to support the motherboard? And if you value your very expensive video card and most likely very expensive motherboard, you're going to want to remove that card and store it somewhere else for the trip, where it might be subject to horrid forces parallel to the motherboard. "Well just use an SG05". That case has its own limitations and drawbacks and in all likelihood your very long card won't even fit in the SG05. "Buy an NCase M1 then". In all likelihood, that thing is probably even heavier than the SG08 with its all-aluminium construction, it's not widely available, and it is ridiculously expensive. It's also so wide when placed on its side in the 1510 that I don't think pluck foam can even accommodate it. "Buy something like the SG08 but larger like the Cougar QBX". Good luck trying to fit that thing into a protective carry-on piece of luggage when the SG08 sits at the absolute maximum.

I don't even know how much longer I'm going to be able to take this rig on trips. Virtually every airline in the world has jumped to the new "standard", comprising the FAA standard carry-on and a ridiculous weight limit of between 5kg and 10kg. Are you joking me? What are we all nowadays, starved and unable to lift 15kg over our heads and into the overhead bin, over the course of 5 seconds? As some miserly airline counter staff would say, "you can't have such heavy items up there because it would cause serious injury if it fell down". By that reasoning, we wouldn't be able to fit anything in the overhead bin with the exception of purses and tiny backpacks because anything heavier could potentially break someone's neck or cause some other upper body serious injury. Tell that to BA and their 51lb (23kg) weight limit on each of your carry-on items. I'm guessing that one of those luggage items would flatten someone into a pancake?

I love my 1510 because it's tough, secure, reliable and works for many other purposes such as securing my photography equipment, but it requires way too much modification in order for me to feel reassured of my PC's safety. Why's that, you ask? With a D9L and video card dangling off the motherboard, even with the protection of the 1510's pluck foam, it's not pleasant to roll around on those wheels of the 1510. They're ball-bearing wheels but they feel as if they're made of rock. They offer no cushioning whatsoever, and the unholy loudness of these wheels on any uneven hard surface is a testament to this. Those vibrations are horribly bad for everything inside the PC, so I end up carrying the case by the large handle, and it sucks. It sucks to have to carry 28lb in one hand, through the airport (which probably involves over a kilometre or a couple of kilometres of walking from the check-in counter to the gate). The only options here are to find something like the RucPac (which is a ripoff and will never earn my money) or a B&W backpack system (which, through a bit of creative thinking, does hold a 1510 just fine) or find another similarly-sized suitcase. But with that kind of suitcase, you're sacrificing a ton of protection that the 1510 + foam affords. That foam is far more effective than layers of clothes; in the end, layers of clothes just compress to become hard as rock. And that's a lot of $$$ worth of PC that's going into a cheap suitcase.

I'm not sure why I decided on the i3-4160 and R7 265 originally. I should have just gone with an A10-7800 in an SG05, with a L9a to top it off. It would have been so much easier without the hassle of dealing with a video card. People (formerly me, in some ways) who believe in cramming every bit of power into a PC (with graphical requirements that GT3e cannot satisfy) that fits in an aircraft cabin should probably just look into building an all-powerful rig and keeping it in one place. Mistakes were made, and lessons were learned. I don't think I'm going to make these mistakes ever again.

System Name Fat NCASE
Processor Ryzen R9 3900X
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B550M ZAKU (WIFI) Edition
Cooling Scythe Fuma with 3 SCYTHE Wondersnail 2400RPM + Arctic MX2
Memory Corsair Vengeance 128GB @3200Mhz Cl16 (32GB X 4)
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 StormX ITX 12GB
Storage MX500 4TB SATA + Toshiba MG08 16TB HDD
Display(s) LG 27UL500 4K monitor
Case Jonsbo W2 black
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek 1200 & Soundblaster G3 usb
Power Supply ASUS ROG STRIX 850W Gundam Edition
Mouse Elecom wireless mouse :)
Keyboard RK100 Royal Kludge
Software Windows 10 HOME
Benchmark Scores Don't know any benchmark. It runs good enough for me.
@tabascosauz

I am sorry that you have to go through all those so what is your view now on a powerful carry on PC?

The thing I can think of about powerful portability is a desktop replacement like a sager laptop though it carry a hefty price tag. That although powerful defeats the purpose of a "portable" device.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
@tabascosauz

I am sorry that you have to go through all those so what is your view now on a powerful carry on PC?

The thing I can think of about powerful portability is a desktop replacement like a sager laptop though it carry a hefty price tag. That although powerful defeats the purpose of a "portable" device.
well my Alpha is powerful enough to play all games i need to max settings

@GreiverBlade You know, I hate being wrong, but I think I'm gonna have to admit that you're a lot smarter than I in picking the Alpha over something like I am doing. It truly is a travel-portable desktop.

At the end of the day, this thing is heavy. "Oh, but it has such a thick front aluminium panel that it must be like carrying around a lead weight." Alright then, I'll swap that D9L for a L9i and move the thing to a smaller and lighter SG05, and I can kiss goodbye to my 4790K in the process. Why? Because without severe undervolting and underclocking, and between it and the ST45SF-G fighting for air, there's no way a 4790K is going to stay under 80 degrees at 90%+ load, and definitely not with a high-end video card dumping heat into the case. Why not an AIO, then, if a L9i can't cut it? Because not everyone at CATSA, TSA and Border Force knows what a liquid cooler is (and has the patience to hear you out on what it is), and it probably isn't in the slightest bit smart in the face of tightening regulations regarding carry-on liquids. While we're on the topic of high-end video cards, all these open cooler designs just dump heat straight into the case. What about blowers, you ask? Blowers are air-starved no less than other coolers, pressed up against those side panels, and if you don't believe me, take temperatures with the case top on/off on the SG05 and SG08 and you'll soon see what I mean. It'll work, but it's going to howl like a banshee.

While we're on the topic of blowers, blowers also tend to be very long cards. What's the issue here? Well, if you have a really long card, sure it "fits" when you're comparing it to the case dimensions on paper, but you're going to be using a non-modular PSU in order to fit the card. What does this mean? This means that the end of the card likely butts up against the mass of cables coming out of the PSU. That's a problem. Furthermore, a long card might fit but if it has a backplate, you either have to ditch the backplate or tape up the PSU using electrical tape and hope that jamming the card in there doesn't bend the PCB of the card/short it. So you manage to fit it all in. The case is horizontally oriented, so has the weight of the card caused severe sag in the PCIe slot area of the motherboard? Does it need a little round rubber pad in there to support the motherboard? And if you value your very expensive video card and most likely very expensive motherboard, you're going to want to remove that card and store it somewhere else for the trip, where it might be subject to horrid forces parallel to the motherboard. "Well just use an SG05". That case has its own limitations and drawbacks and in all likelihood your very long card won't even fit in the SG05. "Buy an NCase M1 then". In all likelihood, that thing is probably even heavier than the SG08 with its all-aluminium construction, it's not widely available, and it is ridiculously expensive. It's also so wide when placed on its side in the 1510 that I don't think pluck foam can even accommodate it. "Buy something like the SG08 but larger like the Cougar QBX". Good luck trying to fit that thing into a protective carry-on piece of luggage when the SG08 sits at the absolute maximum.

I don't even know how much longer I'm going to be able to take this rig on trips. Virtually every airline in the world has jumped to the new "standard", comprising the FAA standard carry-on and a ridiculous weight limit of between 5kg and 10kg. Are you joking me? What are we all nowadays, starved and unable to lift 15kg over our heads and into the overhead bin, over the course of 5 seconds? As some miserly airline counter staff would say, "you can't have such heavy items up there because it would cause serious injury if it fell down". By that reasoning, we wouldn't be able to fit anything in the overhead bin with the exception of purses and tiny backpacks because anything heavier could potentially break someone's neck or cause some other upper body serious injury. Tell that to BA and their 51lb (23kg) weight limit on each of your carry-on items. I'm guessing that one of those luggage items would flatten someone into a pancake?

I love my 1510 because it's tough, secure, reliable and works for many other purposes such as securing my photography equipment, but it requires way too much modification in order for me to feel reassured of my PC's safety. Why's that, you ask? With a D9L and video card dangling off the motherboard, even with the protection of the 1510's pluck foam, it's not pleasant to roll around on those wheels of the 1510. They're ball-bearing wheels but they feel as if they're made of rock. They offer no cushioning whatsoever, and the unholy loudness of these wheels on any uneven hard surface is a testament to this. Those vibrations are horribly bad for everything inside the PC, so I end up carrying the case by the large handle, and it sucks. It sucks to have to carry 28lb in one hand, through the airport (which probably involves over a kilometre or a couple of kilometres of walking from the check-in counter to the gate). The only options here are to find something like the RucPac (which is a ripoff and will never earn my money) or a B&W backpack system (which, through a bit of creative thinking, does hold a 1510 just fine) or find another similarly-sized suitcase. But with that kind of suitcase, you're sacrificing a ton of protection that the 1510 + foam affords. That foam is far more effective than layers of clothes; in the end, layers of clothes just compress to become hard as rock. And that's a lot of $$$ worth of PC that's going into a cheap suitcase.

I'm not sure why I decided on the i3-4160 and R7 265 originally. I should have just gone with an A10-7800 in an SG05, with a L9a to top it off. It would have been so much easier without the hassle of dealing with a video card. People (formerly me, in some ways) who believe in cramming every bit of power into a PC (with graphical requirements that GT3e cannot satisfy) that fits in an aircraft cabin should probably just look into building an all-powerful rig and keeping it in one place. Mistakes were made, and lessons were learned. I don't think I'm going to make these mistakes ever again.
i was about to TL: DR but in the end i did read all of that post :laugh:

about the carry mode, well i put my Alpha in a netbook neoprene sleeve (it also fits the powercord and brick) so it take minimal place in my luggage and i can put other things with it (clothes, food, souvenir when i come back :D )
in the end ... that Alpha was my best buy of the year when it come to : having a HTPC powerful enough to game with in my bedroom on my TV or for when i go on holidays (i even used it on the hotel TV while i waited to the day of departure )

Last edited:
System Name Fat NCASE
Processor Ryzen R9 3900X
Case Jonsbo W2 black
Software Windows 10 HOME

This cube cases are tempting me! In my area there is the Cooltek w2. I do prefer something smaller than what I currently have. But this cube cases looks nice. I after reading about a powerful desktop that is portable big sacrifices have to be made. Or the "definition" of portable need changing for me. Airline portable it might be a not a so viable solution.

I on trips for me I would leave the heavy duty power at home.

Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
This cube cases are tempting me! In my area there is the Cooltek w2. I do prefer something smaller than what I currently have. But this cube cases looks nice. I after reading about a powerful desktop that is portable big sacrifices have to be made. Or the "definition" of portable need changing for me. Airline portable it might be a not a so viable solution.

I on trips for me I would leave the heavy duty power at home.
yep the Corsair AIR 540 is a awesome case, and i don't regret having one as my main rig case :D

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃B550-I Strix
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lone Industries L5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
@MIRTAZAPINE @GreiverBlade At the end of the day I think the best option is have a home rig that can handle all the heavy lifting, but doesn't have to go anywhere. For travel, the best options are to settle for an Alpha, a more powerful NUC like the GT3e Brix Pros, or APU/5775C in an SG05. The good thing about the 5775C is that it's so efficient that it doesn't suffer from the same thermal limitations in a case like the SG05/SG13.

Come this summer and I probably will be settling into this strategy. Travelling means leaving all your fancy HDDs and video cards at home. Travel with a minimum setup of a light yet capable air cooler, SFX PSU, a capable APU or GT3e CPU, a large SSD and a compact case that still allows enough airflow as not to burn your components. All those builds that push the boundaries of size are great until you decide to take your rig with you. If something starts behaving erratically and needs troubleshooting, it's not fun to dig into the mess of cables just to find out what's wrong. Less is more.

If that video card is really necessary, it would be good to have a Nano or GTX 970 DC Mini. The retail box is rather large but you could easily line a smaller cardboard box with foam and put the card in there for transportation. That way you can have your compact PC, and still have a compact dGPU that travels separately but takes up little space, while being well-protected. Anything less than a compact GTX 950 shouldn't even be brought along, considering the capabilities of HD 6200.

Last edited:
VR HMD Medion Erazer
well the Alpha use a GTX 750Ti albeit labeled GT860m it's still a fully fledged 750Ti once overclocked, and i could also replace the i3-4130T by a i5-4690T or even a K (but it would not take advantage of it :D so no point ) but the 4130T is way enough for anything (skyrim fully moded highres pack heavy ENB 1080p 55fps sometime a drop under 45 but rare, MMO's most of the time in the 60s, World of Warships all setting on high 60-55fps, yep way enough for me :D )

it can be a bit loud sometime, but i tested it in Spain (where my parent live actually) with a average temp of 26-28°C in the livingroom (even in October o_O )

a GTX970 ... well even a mini ( you probably know that i "LOVE" the 970 /sarcasme) it cost a bit more than half the price of the alpha alone (and counting all that is include with it, i don't even consider that option)
indeed ... DELL/Alienware surprised me big time with the cheapest Alpha of the line ...

tho a broadwell 5775C would be yummy indeed ... if i needed a powerful iGPU (albeit totally feeble and anemic compared to a 860m )

on topic, my powerbox is complete now (read main rig) until i get a itchy urge to change something or well ... compulsive buying :roll:
IMG_20151110_120157268.jpg IMG_20151110_120138955.jpg

also yahoohooo my etailer stocked on Kryonaut (oh well i will keep it aside until i change something ... the Hydronaut is really good as it is )
IMG_20151022_145051512.jpg

System Name Fat NCASE
Processor Ryzen R9 3900X
Case Jonsbo W2 black
Software Windows 10 HOME
@GreiverBlade

Gosh your Alienware makes me so jealous! It powerful than the hunk of metal PC I use now. How much do you pay for that Alienware? I love 5775c too bad my motherboard cannot support that upgrade. The liquid cooling in that corsair air 540 is serious! Is it all steel case?

I only have my old shin etsu paste around. I trust shin etsu as even the most bad mount it would work. How many compulsive purchases you made!?

@tabascosauz

Even for a normal PC at home that would not be taken anywhere would have problems too. That is the risk of any home built we do. Having a powerful PC is fun when it works but a a huge headache when we run into problems. Nowadays I prefer simple PC and ones that can be maintained easily.

Have you considered external GPUs instead with your laptop if possible? You still have the graphical power around. Or perhaps for portable PC you can go with an itx 5775c and a pico Psu instead in a small case?

Last edited:
VR HMD Medion Erazer
@GreiverBlade

Gosh your Alienware makes me so jealous! It powerful than the hunk of metal PC I use now. How much do you pay for that Alienware?
well in Switzerland (where it tend to be a bit more expensive than msrp ) the lowest Alpha can be seen as low as 628.95chf (about the price i paid for it) which is coincidentally the value of my GTX 980 Poseidon Platinum alone, that i have in my main rig.
although it's a i3-4130T (2.9ghz 2 core + HT ) 4gb DDR 1600 C11 and a 500gb HDD win 8.1 and a Xbox 360 controller and receiver include (i was lucky enough to have some spare hardware aside to upgrade it right out of the box, 8gb 1600 C9 and a 500gb Samsung 850 Evo )

after the time i used it, well i have to say : under plain win 8.1 it's good enough but it really shine under the Alpha UI (which is a ALW skinned Kodi with some extra added ) since it does not load 8.1 completely and can launch most major platform like STEAM Origin Uplay (i use only steam in big picture ) i noticed some games run better under that mode, i am quite satisfied with it ... i thought i would never say that about Alienware .... (oh well at last they try to do better with the time passing .... not like some other "gaming" brand that only tend to go worse and worse in the same interval, that i will not name here :laugh: )

for Alpha post :
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/your-pc-atm.65012/page-1098#post-3340625
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/your-pc-atm.65012/page-1099#post-3344145
and
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/your-pc-atm.65012/page-1099#post-3345807

as for my AIR 540, well just check those post
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/your-pc-atm.65012/page-1067#post-3196660
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/your-pc-atm.65012/page-1067#post-3196662
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/your-pc-atm.65012/page-1072#post-3217470
for the latest build in go there :
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/your-pc-atm.65012/page-1100#post-3349078
before after little mod
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/your-pc-atm.65012/page-1100#post-3349208

tho i suspect you saw those post but just on surface :laugh: (no ... not Microsoft Surface Pro 3 ... just "surfaaaaace" ;) sorry for the joke)

PS: i could care less for the material used in a case :D even if the AIR 540 is golden, plastic? no worries, tempered glass? at a non insane pricing ... why not, full alu/steel? well to me it's a freaking gimmick used by Lian Li or some other to up the price above the correct price, as long as the build quality is here, even plastic can look good .

i am technically a compulsive buyer only when it come to computer related topic ... tho the Kryonaut is not compulsive, its purely and simply the new best TIM around (if we exclude the liquid metal type ) and the Hydronaut is just slightly under the Gelid GC-Extreme which was the previous "king" of the category (AS5? belch ... i have a tube ... simply not worth it anymore :shadedshu: ) my etailer just happened to have only Hydronaut when i needed some new TIM
the funniest is: i decided to give a go at Thermal Grizzly new TIMs even before reading any reviews or news on it ... well ... my intuition didn't failed me :D

PS2: i like Shin Etsu too but now it has been replaced (just as Arctic MX-4 got replaced, and i am Swiss ... that's kinda ... :ohwell:)

I have built two servers and and a main computer for my cloffice--My office is the walk in closet of my bedroom...

I started with an Unraid server..Built in 2010

Then my workhorse computer in 2011

After 5 years of the Unraid build I decided to build a separate redundant Plex server machine to mirror my Unraid/Workhorse computer and give more bandwidth capabilities to friends who stream my movies..

And all systems monitored with a 6 monitor set up...

Of course this generates a lot of heat so I am fortunate enough to have my closet wall the back wall of my garage and I put this A/C unit in my cloffice for cheap and keeps in nice and cold while I play..

After 5 years it is pretty much perfect...

VR HMD Medion Erazer
funny addition ... y'all know how much i "love" Razer ... well i did actually find something they did good, albeit overpriced if i didn't get it with a 50% discount: normally 29.90chf and i got it for 15chf
i couldn't find a Roccat Apuri nor a Cooler Master Skorpion, so i my retailer did a "comercial move" on the last mouse bungee they had from Razer ... weighted base, sticky pads spring cable holder ... well Razer can do something good if it's made of plastic and a bit of metal and don't involve a laser/LED sensor or any mechanical switch (buttons ... thumbpad etc etc etc ) it has no USB port like the one from Roccat (which is a little more expensive due to that) and if somewhat pricier in full price than the CM one, but ... knowing Razer if it did have them ... they would fail within 1st month ;) well after a lil' test ... i have to say a mouse bungee is indeed something i never thought that would be so useful (mainly because i did use a G602 in the past )
20151124_232017.jpg 20151124_232028.jpg

also major change : win 7 64 to win 8.1 64 ... finally after so much dirty swap i did a clean install :D

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK

Thinking of adding my 5th, smallest monitor for more space. To be honest this forum has grown onto me with how much I've learned and improved upon, starting from my Athlon X4 620 to my current specs rig. This forum is my online family to me.

UPDATE: Got my new cables so I added my 5th monitor, where the top two are being driven off of the HD Graphics on my 4790k and the bottom three on my 780. I need help.

BUT LOOK AT THAT SCREEN SPACE. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL.

Last edited:

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration

Thinking of adding my 5th, smallest monitor for more space. To be honest this forum has grown onto me with how much I've learned and improved upon, starting from my Athlon X4 620 to my current specs rig. This forum is my online family to me.

UPDATE: Got my new cables so I added my 5th monitor, where the top two are being driven off of the HD Graphics on my 4790k and the bottom three on my 780. I need help.

BUT LOOK AT THAT SCREEN SPACE. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL.

i told you....... you need more eyes now !

:toast:

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Processor intel i7 3770 *Dellided*
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Memory 16GB DRR3 Kingoston with Custom Tt spreaders + HyperX Fan
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 980 4GB Nvidia Sample
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Display(s) 22" LG FLATRON 1920 x 1280p
Case Thermaltake Commander G42 Window
Audio Device(s) On-board Dolby 5.1+ Kingston HyperX Cloud 1
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce & APC Pro backup 1000Va
Mouse Tt eSports Level 10M Rev 1.0 Diamond Black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad
Keyboard Tt eSports KNUCKER
Software windows 10x64Pro
Benchmark Scores well I've fried a 775' P4 12 years ago, that counts?
wow ... amazing rigs every day !

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming / guest-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite / Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Arctic Freezer 50 / Alphacool custom loop
Memory 32GB DDR4-3466 / 16GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / HD 7970 GHz
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD / ~500GB SSD
Display(s) 27" 4K120 + 32" 4K60 / 24" FHD144 + 24" FHD60
Case Define Mini C / Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless / Corsair HS35
Power Supply EVGA G2 750W / Seasonic FX-750
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary / Logitech G400s
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO / NOS C450 Mini Pro
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Win 11 Pro / Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores They both run Crysis
20151204_162514.jpg
20151204_162525.jpg

I am surprised that overclocked G3258 dualcore actually performs very well, and it's great that even these cheap H81 mobos can overclock decently. My Carbide 88R haven't arrived yet, so I built my rig to this old Fujitsu case as an temporary solution. :D

BF4 64p multiplayer still not tested with this :rolleyes:

edit: Temps after gaming (not BF4 :D), doesnt look bad at all!

Attachments

• pena oc.png
    pena oc.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 365
Last edited:
System Name Comet Lake
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-10600K CPU @ 5.0GHz
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo
Memory CORSAIR LPX 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16 B-die
Video Card(s) GeForce® RTX 3060Ti™
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus M2 1TB & Seagate 2TB ST2000DM008-2UB102
Display(s) Dell 24 Gaming Monitor - S2422HG 165 Hz Curved
Case AQIRYS Arcturus
Audio Device(s) Realtek® ALC1200 Codec | Logitech Z533
Power Supply RMx White Series™ RM750x
Mouse Genesis Krypton 770
Keyboard Logitech G910
VR HMD N/A Skip
Software W10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores XXX
@ARMADA PC :)))

Attachments

• WP_20150825_006.jpg
    WP_20150825_006.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 432
  • WP_20151125_011.jpg
    WP_20151125_011.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 379
  • WP_20151125_014.jpg
    WP_20151125_014.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 357
  • WP_20151125_015.jpg
    WP_20151125_015.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 388
  • WP_20151125_001.jpg
    WP_20151125_001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 417
  • WP_20151125_003.jpg
    WP_20151125_003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 391
  • WP_20151125_004.jpg
    WP_20151125_004.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 394
  • WP_20150907_005.jpg
    WP_20150907_005.jpg
    928.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 12343269_963505493742555_1607586393_o.jpg
    12343269_963505493742555_1607586393_o.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 373

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
System Name Comet Lake
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-10600K CPU @ 5.0GHz
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo
Memory CORSAIR LPX 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16 B-die
Video Card(s) GeForce® RTX 3060Ti™
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus M2 1TB & Seagate 2TB ST2000DM008-2UB102
Display(s) Dell 24 Gaming Monitor - S2422HG 165 Hz Curved
Case AQIRYS Arcturus
Audio Device(s) Realtek® ALC1200 Codec | Logitech Z533
Power Supply RMx White Series™ RM750x
Mouse Genesis Krypton 770
Keyboard Logitech G910
VR HMD N/A Skip
Software W10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores XXX

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna