1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Your PC ATM

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by DaMulta, Jul 7, 2008.

1. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the NZXT cable is covered with a single braid sleeve. In my opinion the BitFenix offerings are much better if you do go to buy any.
  2. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    Yeah they do look a whole lot nicer than the NZXT ones I've seen round here I'll have to email a couple of suppliers here see if they'd be willing to bring them in I'd see them selling better than the NZXT ones if they can bring in the range of colors available instead of just the black of NZXT
  3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    you dont get the white and red NZXT cables either?
  4. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
  5. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
  6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  7. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Just updated my system again, sacrificed looks a little on my new variation. New PSU and GPU's, I was really disappointed at first that my cards weren't reference and would perform like my old xfx ones did but when I ran them they were nothing like the xfx ones, much quieter and to top things off I was able to complete Unigine on stock voltages at 880/1400, very happy at the moment.

The PSU cables are way way too long for my liking, even though its modular I think they overshot the length of the cables. EDIT: Found a solution :) http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_228&products_id=15758

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  8. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ha, I just got one of those sapphires but its a 6950 2g with dual fan, i wanted the single fan cooler too as one fan is covered by sound card a bit, but oh well,
    there not as easy to find, mine goes very well too, better than i expected, i was going to return but, such a hassle, it works fine and has bios switch, ill wait till 7/s b4 next one and maybe sell it, must fix those cables lol.!

[​IMG]

First thing i did was to redoo the tp, it made it drop 3-4 c @ idle , down to 36c from 40c, they always put a lot on i find.
    I ran bf3 on it to burn it in,. seems to handle the game at ultra everything quite well, didnt go over 60-65c.

To Random=Good one!!! i bet you will unlock them too, please let me know how you go if you dont mind, thanx.!
  9. random

random

Thanks Received:
    wow I didn't notice I had a BIOS switch on both my cards, hurray for dual BIOS! You sir just made my day :toast: time for some unlocking action!
    mediasorcerer says thanks.
  10. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey, how well do they run in cf? If you can update me on how you go flashing and how temps go or anything else if thats your intention, thanks ,ps if i could be bothered id cast the plastic sapphire shroud in aluminium and put it back on, would look funky polished, and act as a shroud/heatsink too.:)

How well does the corsair cooler work? I like the two large fans you got too in your case, looks like a powerful rigg. After doing the t-paste, mines idling at 34c 24 % fan.

Attached Files:

11. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I used the RBE 1.28 method basically saving the BIOS with GPU-Z then editing it with RBE which conveniently comes with a one tick option to enable 6970 shaders then used WinFlash to flash both cards and worked wonderfully I'll post up a screeny in a few minutes on this same post from after unigine.

EDIT: Running into some issue, Afterburner won't let me turn up the voltage and my 6950's become unstable at the same clocks with higher shaders .. I can use trixx but it has no OSD. :(

Here are the results:

Highest GPU temp was 76

[​IMG]
  12. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    nope just the shitty plain black ones
  13. random

random

Thanks Received:
    So far everything is good gpu wise, since our version of the 6950 can't unlock voltage control via MSI Afterburner you can buy AIDA64 to make your own OSD or G15 display it is quite awesome and a well worth it software, it is so far the best app to display sensors on my keyboard, very happy with the purchase.

The H50 is okay, its a bit pricey for okay temps though, I'd recommend these types of coolers for specific setups only that require alot of space around the ram area and for 1155 mobo's that can potentially block air coolers by the awkwardly placed capacitors around the CPU area, oh and for looks ;)
  14. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    I happen to like the plain black ones .. . :cry:
  15. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I had flat PSU cables from my Corsair HX-620w it drove me nuts, it twists on one end or the other and made the wiring look alot messier and more annoying to hide.
  16. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Yes, this is the ASUS Zenbook. I've been playing around a lot with the power profiles, and you will definitely get the advertised 7hrs if you use the ASUS Power Saving mode, but that throttles the Core i5's CPU and GPU at idle speeds and disables Turbo. Perfect if you're just word processing and doing light browsing, but I like a little more punch. I've only had it for a couple of days, so I'll update you guys a bit later. PM me if anybody thinks this thing deserves its own thread/clubhouse/minireview. Probably won't have time for a minireview, but we could at least have a thread where I answer questions if a good number of you are interested in the ultrabook :toast:
  17. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im stoked with asus for bringing the zenbook to the table!!, damn fine effort i believe, i would love to hear more about it if its convenient for you at some stage Danish D, user views/ops are the best sometimes, thankyou for posting.
  18. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    mediasorcerer and MT Alex say thanks.
  19. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Anyone care to guess how much this setup alone costs:
    [​IMG]
    cadaveca says thanks.
  20. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    $1 bob, $1.
  21. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure I want to know but I'll guess 15-20 thousand USD at least
  22. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:

Awesome picture. I care not to guess.:roll:
  23. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Depends a lot on the actual hardware inside those racks, but I's say the VNX are $300-600K each. We just got one where I work, and already have three EMC chassi (SP?) that were close to that new. How many terabytes? For those that don't know, these aren't servers but SAN storage.

I'm guessing the first and third racks from the right are UPS? I can't see enough of the one on the left to tell what it is, but I'm guessing more storage.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. mjkmike

mjkmike

Thanks Received:
    My new main rig and cruncher.

[​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Very close, it's a 100TB monster.

http://imgur.com/Ft2F8