1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Your PC ATM

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by DaMulta, Jul 7, 2008.

1. angelhunter

angelhunter New Member

Thanks Received:
    got my fans and filters in today. Now im painting the interior of my armor case a flat black but my evrcool fans have a silver aluminum housing and blue led. Question think I should paint the housing also a black or leave them silver? the filters are black case is black not quite sure if the silver would accent the interior or look better black my cpu cooler is black and silver so it might just compliment the interion. nice thing is on the evercool fans 4 screws removes the fan and led assembly so painting the housing would be easy
  2. mikek75

mikek75 New Member

Thanks Received:
    @micropage, its a bit better now its finished, but my PSU isn't modular, and like to leave a few power connectors handy for attaching random bits of equipment that don't stay in the rig full-time. Main thing is there's plenty of airflow through the case, even after a heavy gaming session my case-temp hasn't gone over 24 c, and as I type this its reading 19c (mainly because electricity is so expensive here now I can't afford to put the bloody heating on, lol)
  3. phill

Thanks Received:
    I've got the same things planned with my older AMD systems :D Although I have 98 and XP running at the moment with them :) Works well although I forgot just how buggy 98 was!! ::banghead:

I wish I did my rigs hardly go on as I'm never here half the time!! :(

Thanks for the comment :) Its taken a bloody long time to get this far and they still aren't really 100% finished..

I do have another 4 AMD rigs sat here not doing a lot and I do have a load more motherboards sat around doing nothing but I just don't have the spare PSU's etc! :toast: :laugh:

Oh playing on 3 screens is just amazing fun :) I only had two GPU's in there before but now I have the 3 I'm hoping to get a bit more performance and even to get better at gaming more importantly!! :laugh:

With two cards and Dirt 2 playing with Ultra settings and 2x AA or AF (whatever it was) I was averaging nearly 100FPS which I thought was amazing.. I think with a 3rd card it would have been even higher and more stable/constant frame rate.. I'll see if I can post up some screen shots or gaming benchmarks :)

Any games in particular??

I love this thread. So many awesome rigs!! :D :rockout:
  4. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Yes win 98 can be buggy. Also I wouldn't trust it with file server duties. Something nt or linux based is good. :toast: I have like 10 or so socket a boards around here. I think I need to stop collecting them now. :laugh: Now on my file servers. The way I have them setup is they share a monitor. I have a Dell 21" crt that has dual vga inputs with a button on front to switch inputs. It also has a beautiful picture. That thing is damn clear and nice. (trinitron)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

I know it's not the best of the pre built WC kits, but I just bit the bullet and got it :) Not regretting it a bit. Please don't post links to better coolers for cheaper, I will regret what I just bought. LET ME BE EXCITED! I'll post pics when It gets here :)
    Radical_Edward and mjkmike say thanks.
  6. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Lauren's PC ATM

[​IMG]

More can be seen here.
    cadaveca and Sir B. Fannybottom say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    No pictures

[​IMG]
  8. BrettRuthnam

BrettRuthnam New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone, here's my pc.

PC:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Having some fun:

[​IMG]
    KieX, cadaveca, phill and 1 other person say thanks.
  9. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  10. BrettRuthnam

BrettRuthnam New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think it was idling around 36-38*C and I can't remember load temps. I'll check when i get home. :)

However i'm gonna try and see if i can boot into windows with a x55 multi ;)
  11. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    New gpus, new monitor and new memory ^^
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I absolutely love this monitor. So gorgeous. Everything is so vibrant, clear, and bright. The pictures don't do the monitor justice. Something you have to see in person.
    cadaveca, phill and PopcornMachine say thanks.
  12. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    That uberleet thin bezel looks awesome!
    Looks like a bit of a gloss-monster though... Are the reflections bothering you?
  13. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Not at all. And yes it's a bit on the glossy side, along with all samsung monitors lol

But everything is crystal clear. I would of gone with the S27A950D, but it's like 600+ bucks

So I went with the 750D instead. No regrets.
  14. JobR New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the 950D is awesome, friend of mine got three of those I'll ask him to make a picture :respect:

Noone the less, the 750D looks wicked as well :)
  15. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    I would have went with the 750D but was able to get the 950D for 620+, everywhere else was almost 700+ in Canada! Love it, best monitor ive ever had!
  16. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Be sure to tell him I hate him. Kthxbye lol
  17. JobR New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah Samsung is doing a really good job, love their monitors/tv's :)
  18. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
  19. phill

Thanks Received:
    Nout wrong with collecting the good stuff!! :) I'm just trying to cut back what I have else I'll never have any money or space for that matter!! I can't see the girl friend wanting all this stuff when I move in with her but she will have let me move something in!! :laugh:

Apologises for a dumb question, but I'm guessing your on about a monitor of some sorts?? :wtf:
  20. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    My wifey doesn't care about my computer stuffs everywhere. I guess she feels it's better I spend my time doing this then in a bar somewhere being a drunk or on drugs in the gutter or even just running around cheating on her like crazy. :toast:
    phill says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. phill

Thanks Received:
    Mate I think mine's the same!! Although she nearly has a heart attack at how much somethings cost!! I am just trying to buy the things I need now rather than buying things I don't need!! :toast:
  22. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I know what you mean. Also you can always tell her you could be doing something far worse with the money. :toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. phill

Thanks Received:
    I do mate, but she's not bothered with material things, as long as we have a roof over our heads and the boys are happy and our baby is cared and clean etc it doesn't matter one bit :) I'm happy if they are all happy, if I can have a few pressies throughout the year I'm happy as a pig in doodie :) :toast:
    mjkmike and ThE_MaD_ShOt say thanks.
  24. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I feel the same.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. phill

Thanks Received:
    I won't be seeing the misses until next Thursday evening and I'll be seeing her a little less after I go home (beginning of March) as I'm trying to desperately save money and pay some bills off!! I'll be seeing her maybe every 3 weeks or so, but when I get my time off I will possibly stay up there all my days off, I'm not sure yet :(

I'm actually rather happy at the moment as I've completed a 20 pass run with LinX at 4Ghz on my other i7 920 D0 :D Not bad I think since the volts are only 1.2vcore and I think that's a bit high for what it needs to be!! I'll try and see if I can crack the magical 4.2Ghz and see what voltages we need for that :) I think this is a bit better clocker than the one in my 759 rig!! :D I'm hoping for 4.6Ghz for 24/7 :D