1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Your PC ATM

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by DaMulta, Jul 7, 2008.

1. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Getting closer to completeness

[​IMG]

Oh I forgot to post one of my favorite toys. The 1.5 year old.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    wweeeellll do colorfull does a White Shark 760? sadely my seller doesnt have those and it would be a lil more expensive :D i jump on offer when they are reasonable upgrades

i know over a GTX480 its not so much but HELL YEAH 140w tdp versus 250w tdp... still im tied between that and a Vishera 6/8 core for the linux rig for WCG (that or trying the vish on the CHIVF and throwing the X4 955 for crunch):ohwell:

i've seen the HOF from Galaxy ... white pcb too ... SMEXY but out of the budget :D

also Galaxy and KFA2 are one of those i wrote of being not found where i live ... i better not take international shiping ... meh me get frosty when it come to that! :eek:

3. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    get some scotch brite, 400g paper and a can of white paint. :D but warranty will be down the drain

GreiverBlade says thanks.
  4. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    ahahaha :D usually all my waranty are down the drain the day i buy something ... bad habit ...

edit ... i looked KFA2 ... smexy White premium 680/770 ... and

WTF!:wtf:
    http://www.kfa2.com/gtx460whdi.shtml

oohhh galaxy site for europe is KFA2 ... now i see why the 680/770 have the same white pcb

thanks de.das.dude (or TRIPLE D for the GLORY!) for the idea :D i think i will go for a second hand 7870 club3d Royal Queen 2gb and SCOTCH BRITE IT THEN WHITE IT! huffff ... 50$ less than the colorfull White Shark but but but ... less a beauty :cry:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  5. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    np. just dont forget to separate the heatsink plastic mould first :p

6. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    They have a horrible rep, I remember when they popped up years ago that being said they still look nice :).

tigger says thanks.
  7. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I think I will change it asap, maybe a cx600 corsair or maybe something better. I don't think there is any point buying over a 600 for my pc, I like a bit of wiggle room.

8. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    I had the 520W version and it lasted 5yrs before a cap went poo I replaced the cap and my mate is still using it 3yrs after I gave it to him... And I really did love the aircraft connectors they used for the cables and the big plastic box it came in is very handy too

9. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    well they can run fine or burn fine, but if you know how to re-cap them with better caps when they go poof then your fine for another run, congrats on keeping a Hiper running "fine" for 8yrs :toast:

happy i recieved my WD VelociRaptor, WD1500HLFS, 10000 rpm, 150 Gb SataII i got it dirt cheap and i intend to use it for game and frequently used programes, i thought of using it without the Icepak in the 2.5 rack on my HAF but i think the 10k rpm would be killing, so i keep it in the X-Dock with the Icepak and the rubber rings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

switched the IFX-14 for the TX3 push pull to fit the 200mm on the top of the second rig (since i use it on linux for crunching now i think its a bit better for cooling/noise ratio)

xBruce88x and Athlonite say thanks.
  10. repman244

repman244

Thanks Received:
    If there is enough airflow it won't be a problem. I'm running a 2.5 10k SAS drive and it's no problem.

11. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    i mean ... the vibration of the 10k spin will be killing (noise) the 2.5 rack on the HAF-XB has no vibration reduction and the rail are just simple plastic rail :D mostly meant for SSD :eek: no vibration yes but i dont have the fund for 3 more SSD to put in :D tho my 2nd rig use a laptop 2.5 160gb 5.4k rpm in that kind of rack no problems (heat or vibration) and the 4 X-dock between the 2 XB are used 3/4 1 on each 500gb 5.4k WD green storage 1 Velociraptor and the 4th empty atm.

but considering the Airflow indeed that wouldnt be a problem since i use 2 80mm 2k rpm BeQuiet on the bottom extract and no drive in the bay (just the 5.25" cover mesh

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  12. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    The icepack is pretty worthless and I think its quieter without. I remember reading that on a silent pc website. I'd personally recommend leaving it in though, I personally run mine with icepack / stock.

13. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    in the X-dock i dont notice it and the temp are a bit lower than the WD 500GB green i have on the other slot, i know X-dock dont have any good airflow so the disks run a bit hotter than 2.5" in rack or other case.

14. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Im at about 31*C in my Cosmos, but I had to put a fan blowing into the HD racks because the Cosmos has a poor thermal design (all looks no function).

15. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    m WD green sit at 38c and the Velociraptor at 32c according to OHM. without any fan other than the 2 80mm on the left side (the X-dock is on the right side where the PSU is)

16. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    Hello guys at the end my watercooling project of this Amazing Dell Alienware case ended with a big FAIL.

I have made ​​many mistakes and I ran out of money to fix what happened, and then I spent the money for a AIO Intel's watercooled CPU works pretty well for me.

I hate AIO coolers because you can not consider as liquid coolied system but this one made me think again.

i desperately need a graphics card... Im waiting for the 780 Lightning or Asus 780 Cu2

Here some crappy cell phone pics... Sorry

Soon i will Mount a 140mm Intake fan attached behind front bezel of the case...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Hows that graphics wind tunnel work? Did dell supply that or is that yours?

Ditto here, I've been running GPU and CPU at full load but not really accessing the drives, my VR is at 33 and WD Blue is at 38.

18. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    last part of the splited deilvery ... woohooo dang i love those
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    wow ... i really need to clean my seat ... :D

pile of fan anyone?
    bottom to top : Fractal design Silent R2 140/Coolink Swiff2 1200 pwm/Swiff2 1200 non pwm/2xCM noisefan edition :p from the HAF XB 120mm/Antec True Quiet 120mm white/Thermalright TY-147 and a pair of Enermax Cluster UCCL12 pwm
    [​IMG]

as i wrote previously i made a little change on the linux rig
    [​IMG]
    the temp are a bit higher (not that much) the IFX was a bit overkill on that X2

time to sleep a bit i will post the finished result later

de.das.dude and xBruce88x say thanks.
  19. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    those spectra pro fans look feckin hot

20. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
  21. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    Got back my old 775i65G. Gonna make a blue themed build with a low profile case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Hey GreiverBlade, are those enermax fans any good? I have been thinking of getting some for one of my builds.

Crunching for Team TPU
  23. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    well they are good if you look for quiet white with white led in 80/120mm, and you can remove the blades (include the center ofc) to clean them

they exist in PWM and non PWM, you can switch on or off the led without having a specific case (the Spectre Pro need a Bitefenix case to natively do that or a bit of modding)
    Speed range : 500-1200rpm (and all site review i see says a 120mm under 1300rpm is quiet :laugh:)
    airflow 45.04-90.08m3/h
    Static pressure 0.483-1.073mm
    volt 12V (mobo standard i wonder why i specify this :D)
    amp 0.4A
    power 4.8W
    minimal noise 8dBA maximal noise 14dBA

the Enermax Halo Frame also remind me some old thermaltake socket A cooler fan but i dont know if its really an improvement since taking air from the fron... oh wait ... those cooler where the quieter i had ... i guess fan frame with hole on the side help to be more silent :ohwell:

ThE_MaD_ShOt says thanks.
  24. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Free stuff
    Looks like a Frisbee or birth control

[​IMG]

25. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received: