1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Your thoughts on the PC version of GTA IV

Discussion in 'Games' started by EastCoasthandle, Dec 5, 2008.

?

Your thoughts on the PC version of GTA IV

Poll closed Dec 17, 2008.
  1. It runs but I am not satisfied with the performance

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. It runs but I am not satisfied with the IQ

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. It runs but may crash, blue screen, etc

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. It runs but textures, etc are missing

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. It runs but crashs/B.S., lacks proper texutres & I'm not satisfied with the performance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I am having problems installing this game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I had problems installing this game but it's working now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I haven't purchased this game & won't based on what I've read

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  9. GTA IV is not the type of genre I normally play so these issues don't bother me

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  10. I've experienced all the problems mentioned in this poll

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  11. I've experienced other problems + all the problems mentioned in this poll

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. No problems installing/playing this game. IQ & Perf. is fine for me

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Everyone knows (or should know by now) the problems people are reporting for this game on the PC. What are your thoughts about it?
  2. MiST91 Guest

I bought the game today. NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!

My PC can play pretty much every PC game on the market on high/max @ 1280x1024 4/2xAA and never drop below 35FPS, even crysis. I bought GTA 4 today, and the installation was going well, before i realised you have no coice but to install the Rockstar Games Social Club software, wich will run and try to log you in when you run the game. And you also have to install the "Games For Windows" software, wich you NEED internet access for because the instalation package on the disk doesn't work with GTA4 so you need to get the latest version, thank god i have internet because without it there would be no GTA4 for me. Also you have to activate the game, wich originaly i agreed with, although i download/pirate games my self, i dont believe in piracy lol. However when you activate the game, if you change any major hardware (graphics and CPU) your serial (to my knowledge) is null and void, the problem with this is most people who already have the game, need to upgrade the graphics card and CPU to play the damn thing at anything above 30fps lol.

Not happy at all with it, and thats without mentioning the performance issues (15 - 20FPS at medium settings)
  3. MiST91 Guest

Does anybody know if you can return a video game at HMV in the United Kingdom because you dont like it? lol
  4. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    15-20 fps on a hd4850 on medium settings? You sure?
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  6. MiST91 Guest

yup, i was maybe exadurating a little :eek: but, if i run the game at 1280x1024 60Hz with no AA (obviously because the game doesn't have it) with texture and render options at medium, draw distance at 25, traffic at 30, and everything else at around 15 - 25 and shadow dencity (think thats what it is called) turned off, i get 15 - 40 fps, so the game is very choppy because it will drop from 40 - 20 suddenly depending on time of day, were i am and what is happening
  7. MiST91 Guest

i'v voted :) "It runs but I am not satisfied with the performance" wich is about right, i havnt had any crashes or missing textures, there is a few graohics glitches, but tbh idk because i am not going to attempt to run it until i have a better system, R* release a patch fixing graphics glitches, performance issues and give the game AA and when i find a good crack (yes, resorting to piracy because it is easier and doesn't require all the shit you need to install on a retail game, like "games for windows" and rockstar social club" i never play games on line, and filling my PC with resource hogging, back ground running software that if it was called "Starware Disk Clean 2009" or somthing would be classed as spyware doesn't make me want to go online any more.
  8. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    "Would buy if it weren't candy coated in DRM."
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    The poll would be better as a "multiple choice" (ie can select more than one answer). Ask a mod to mod it?
  10. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    I mean, the game itself is good, but does have some problems. Overall, I am satisfied.