1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

YouTube lags my PC

Discussion in 'General Software' started by WaXT, Jul 13, 2011.

1. WaXT

WaXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey TPU I don't get it why does youtube lag? is it because of the heat? my room is very near to the road where there are lots of motors and cars passing thru so i guess it's the vibration because the wall is only made of wood, but it's a really strong wood tho.
  2. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Its nothing to do with where your pc is, unless you believe the internet Is in fact a series of pipes and tubes, try rwinstalling flash player.
  3. WaXT

WaXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    i just thought that it's maybe because of the heat outside when the airconditioner is not on. i also thought that it's because of the vibration of the ground to out house because it's like a race track right here. it's really noisy you can't have a great conversation on skype. how do you reinstall flash player? I tried on control panel but google chrome still can play youtube
  4. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Google chromes got an in built flash player, but unless they've damaged your pc the environment is irrelevant , what excatly is this lag you speak of.
  5. WaXT

WaXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    lag, my internet speed is 3mbps but when i play videos, it lags, but the seconds are running smoothly. the videos are like 10 fps or 20 so it lags
  6. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like a problem, what's your CPU/gpu usage when this happens
  7. WaXT

WaXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    idk.. how would I know? but i think my ati is only using like a little for videos.
  8. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    To check you CPU performance while watching youtube, open up task manager and click on the performance tab.
    To view the performance of yuor GPU while watching youtube get GPUZ and have it running while watching youtube.

It sounds to me like there could possibly be some sort of codec conflict.

I had an issue where .mp4s would lag in WMP.
    I had to uninstall the K-Lite codec pack and reinstall it.
  9. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Could be a possible problem with flash player in general. as of late. I have had a fair few problems with flash player. especially after i do one of their updates then go on to youtube.

its caused me agro to no end. Its caused me BSODs, GPU crashes where you get the little bubble on your ATi tray icon saying its self recovered from an error or some shit like that. and this only happens when i update to their new versions. otherwise my rig is 100% rock solid stable and theres no reason for it to BSOD
  10. TC-man

TC-man

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

if you are using Firefox, then perhaps the "plugin-container.exe" is causing the problem. Just google the words "plugin-container.exe" and "firefox", and you will see what I mean.

For example: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/742932

Try to use Google Chrome or Opera and see if the lagging goes away.