1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Z77 & Intel 3770 k won't over clock

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Chummmleee, Mar 12, 2013.

1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    let it run. If the system is not stable, it'll stop one or more threads and give notice that a thread has crashed(but will continue to run the active threads), or it'll BSOD the system.

2. jsfitz54

jsfitz54

Thanks Received:
    Please post which UEFI/Bios your now using, so others will know what worked.

3. Chummmleee

Chummmleee

Thanks Received:
    SABERTOOTH Z77 BIOS version 1805
    Improve system stability.

4. Chummmleee

Chummmleee

Thanks Received:
    Hey another question for you guys I just removed a pipe from my watercooler because I'm trying to wire from the out side in and when I popped it off a bunch of green liquid came out .... This bad ?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  5. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Yes this is bad, get a new one

Note: if you got the liquid on any parts; clean it off as *it may be corrosive
    http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6908
    "It comes factory filled, sealed and tested with a two year zero maintenance guarantee."

nb: these are sealed units and should not come apart; may be able to RMA unless it was forced off.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

6. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    It'll only warn about errors if Round-off Checking is checked. Otherwise the test will run until manually stopped or the system crashes.
    EDIT: I should also mention that for Intel CPUs, I've found the quickest way of determining stability is to set it to 1792 for min and max, setting time to run each test to 1 min, and set your RAM as high as it will go. If you're running 16GB like me, I suggest 15000MB depending on how much RAM your PC uses at idle. Sometimes I have to set mine to 14800MB if there are a lot of background processes. If the RAM is set too high, the processor won't fully load. Easiest way to check usage is Task manager, hit Ctrl-Shift-Esc and click on the Performance tab.
    If your PC can run like that for an hour, it's stable.
    Yes. I hope for your sake it didn't get on any of your hardware.
    Now you have two options. You can either do a full flush and refill the loop with another coolant, or you can use another cooler. As it is now, it's useless.

Chummmleee says thanks.
  7. Chummmleee

Chummmleee

Thanks Received:
    God dammit well fuck me

8. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I am unsure why you popped off one of the tubes or even trying to route from behind or whatever. Its a water cooler, your suppose to see it, that's why a lot of people get them, because they look cool, but the All in One cooler like your Seidon should not be taken apart, as they are closed systems.

Now you will have to RMA it to get a new one if they will accept it. Afraid it is useless now with half or no liquid in it, or if you can refill it. I have no idea how you would go about that on these AIO systems.