1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Z77 Mpower can't boot from USB

Discussion in 'Storage' started by d1nky, Aug 24, 2014.

1. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    Been a while since ive needed help, got a new mobo (msi z77 mpower) and trying to install win7 and xp from usb drives and having difficulties...

Before its never been an issue on asus boards, i just set usb drive in bios to HDD, selected IDE for xp and then installed.

Now ive tried different formats of usb (ntfs and fat32), unplugging everything, boot devices, priorities, different sticks and still no luck. There seems to be no option for different types of usb, only the stuff in priorities.

Where i would usually get ''press any key to boot from usb'' i get a flashing line. Also using rufus, win7 usb tool for formatting drives.

Help?!

2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Tried getting in tot he boot options after a restart ?, other than that you could try a different flash drive.

3. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    Are you using a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port, and have you tried the opposite of what you were using?

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  4. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    Tried getting into boot options after every change and multiple times, even from cold starts. Ive tried 3 flash drives now.

Yes was using usb2 ports and even tried every port on the mobo.

i know on my asus board i had to set the usb drive to hdd but theres no option for this on the msi mobo.

(may try an older bios, using the latest. could be a bug...?!)