1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Zalman AB3CL CPU Cooler with 12Cm Fan or Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Greek, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Greek

Greek New Member

Thanks Received:
    which one is best, i mean the price diff is like £20 i have the zalman one, but ive seen ppl with the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro and they get like idle 24 on desktop, lowest i can go is 33-35? time for a swap?

let me no what u think
  2. stevorob

stevorob New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ambient temps, case airflow, thermal compound, it all makes a difference.

I chose the Artic cooler because it was much cheaper than anything else, and the performance of it was outstanding compared to other coolers in it's price range, and even topped some of the more expensive coolers.

I'm idling at 27C right now @ 2.75, ambient temps is approx 74F (23.3C). I'm in my parents hot ass house. At my house, ambient temps are approx 70F (21.1C), and I idle around 23-24 at the same clocks.
  3. Greek

Greek New Member

Thanks Received:
    if u check out ma system on ma sig thats it right there, it has two 12cm fans at the front dunno if u can see them when the front panel of the case is open, , and have applied as5 on but not kickeed in fully yet.
  4. stevorob

stevorob New Member

Thanks Received:
    OH I see, the zalman doesn't have a directional fan pointed at the back the arctic cooler does... it just throws that air around the case.

How's you're ambient temps?

And the AS5 needs 200 hours (?) to cure properly. See what temps you have in about a week.
  5. Greek

Greek New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dunno ma ambient temp :p, not that hot or cold.
  6. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    The new Zalman CNPS9700 or whatever can be placed where it blows air out the back. Zalman makes damn good coolers,so does AC and even TT. the TT Typhoon (BIG) I have is awesome and cools best IVe seen.

-The Eagle
  7. Greek

Greek New Member

Thanks Received:
    ah i c, well ill see if as5 makes a diff, if nt then maybe a new cooler upgrade.
  8. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    AC freezer is great, ull need to pick up a thermalright AM2 bracket available off quietpc tho. unless u want the same catastroph as what happened to me :p its also WELL worth lapping the base of the AC freezer to a smooth shiny finish, improves temps a lot ;) at stock settings i was idling at something crazy like 19c :eek: and thats with a room temp of 24c
  9. Greek

Greek New Member

Thanks Received:
    rite i see, well i'll need a 939 bracket, but i think they same anywayz. aint they?