1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

zotac 560gtx 3dmark06 score

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by georgectr, Apr 10, 2012.

1. georgectr New Member

Thanks Received:
    Some might know that I had a problem with my card over the weekend: 9800gt dying

I bought a new one zotac 560 gtx, my psu handled it well. First thing I did was to run the 3dmark06 benchmark. It gave me 12191 score which it says is a bit low for my system. You can see my older benchmark scores in my spec. The average of my current spec in 3dmark site is 14300. I closed everything running in the background. I have the latest graphic drivers even though the page says that there is an update.

What are my options other than trying a fresh install of windows 7?

3dmark score page
  2. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    try the latest 3dmark?

upgrade your cpu? (your current one could be a bottleneck)

EDIT: I read the link. it seems like you don't have the latest drivers, but I highly doubt because its just a few versions outdated, but sill try updating to the latest Vcard Drivers.

but I think its your CPU. its bottleneck(im not sure though, not a Benchmarking Expert)
    the reason why the average is higher is because most of the people who ran those benchs are pairing GTX 560 with quad cores and iseries CPUs.
    georgectr says thanks.
  3. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    3d06 is very cpu depedant and your cpu is quite old and slow ,use vantage and 3d11 instead.
    georgectr says thanks.
  4. georgectr New Member

Thanks Received:
    I tried with 3dmark11 and got a better score with it. I dont have any problems running skyrim with max settings. Just like you both said I have an old cpu. That's probably the problem.