1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ZOTAC Launches Next-Generation DIY Home Theater PC Motherboards

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jan 11, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    ZOTAC International, a leading innovator and a channel manufacturer, today launches the ZOTAC D2700-ITX WiFi Supreme - a next-generation mini-ITX platform for DIY home theater PC users. The ZOTAC D2700-ITX WiFi Supreme combines the latest energy-efficient Intel Atom processor with world-class NVIDIA GeForce graphics processors for superior energy-efficiency and stunning high-definition video playback.

The latest generation Intel Atom D2700 CedarTrail processor with dual cores and Intel HyperThreading technology enables the ZOTAC D2700-ITX WiFi Supreme to deliver snappy multitasking responsiveness for everyday computing tasks. The NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 graphics processor equips the ZOTAC D2700-ITX WiFi Supreme with hardware-accelerated Blu-ray 3D playback capabilities and HDMI 1.4a technology for the ultimate 3D high-definition experience.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

“ZOTAC platforms have been quite popular among home theater PC users. “The ZOTAC D2700-ITX WiFi Supreme succeeds our award-winning IONITX series with upgrades to smoothly playback stereoscopic 3D content, output lossless audio formats and embrace Microsoft DirectX 11 technology while maintaining the compact mini-ITX form factor,” said Carsten Berger, marketing director, ZOTAC International.

Expansion is plentiful with the ZOTAC D2700-ITX WiFi Supreme platform, including two DDR3 DIMM slots, a PCI Express x16 (single-lane) expansion slot, two SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports and two USB 3.0 ports. Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth 3.0 networking technologies round out the platform for lightning-fast network connectivity wired or wirelessly.

It’s time to play with the ZOTAC D2700-ITX WiFi Supreme.

[​IMG]
    Ikaruga and THE_EGG say thanks.
  2. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Looks like you can solder on a 4-pin molex :/ don't know why you would want to or why you would need to.
  3. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    They would do better with a fusion, more performance and less money possibly...
  4. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    ?

I see the outline on the PCB mask, but that could be anything. Extra power, because the original design used different and more power hungry peripherals, a fan, or an extra power source for older drives. Soldering anything there is a huge risk, and is only begging for your warranty to be voided.

That said, a fan power source would be nice. Those little boards run quite well with a low speed fan constantly pushing air through them, despite the fact that HTPC power supplies often forego Molex adapters...
  5. blibba

blibba

Thanks Received:
    I'd be interested to see this benchmarked against a Fusion system of similar power consumption.
  6. Ikaruga

Ikaruga

Thanks Received:
    They would do much better with a modern low-volt mobile CPU than with this atom nonsense which is way too weak to feed the GT520 properly. I wonder if anybody ever use these boards at Zotac, or they just design something out of the blue.

I have a small ionitx 24/7 htpc/server which is a dual core atom + an ion, and no matter how hard I overclock the atom, everything is hopelessly CPU-limited beyond repair. More to that, a friend of mine has a more powerful ionitx-o overclocked to oblivion but it's still cpu limited.

It's great and helps a lot that browsers and other applications are starting the use the GPU more and more, but things would be so much better with a proper mobile CPU which only needs a few more watts and performs 3 times better.
  7. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Nice, but I'd still want them to do nano ITX stuff as well.
  8. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Thanks Received:
    If you look carefully at the rear of the PCB, it looks like they planned a version with a DC-DC converter and as such the Molex connection at the front would've been to power any storage drives connected to the board.
    THE_EGG says thanks.
  9. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Correct, their older ITX products do this as well. They use the same PCB, but offer a version with a DC jack and the molex to power anything in the case.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Ah, thanks for that. I didn't think of that.