1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Zowie EC2 Laser Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Frederik S, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2013
  2. Mescalamba

Thanks Received:
    Hm.. prediction that cant be switched off, wierd behaving mouse wheel.. what it reminds to me? Ah yea, SS Xai.

I would bet, that "mysterious" manufacturer of Xai is same as for this one. Starting to seem, that only Razer is capable to create flawed but usable mices, rest has too much flaws to be even usable. Not good..

3. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    the scroll wheel is dodgy because it uses an optical encoder not mechanical. optical encoders are more durable and spin faster but don't have the tactile feedback. most mice use mechanical encoders.

my steelseries xai doesn't have a problem with it's scroll wheel or prediction.

thanks for the review.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  4. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    The issue with the scroll wheel not registering scrolling from time to time might be an issue with the first revision of this mouse with serial numbers in the x10001000. Second revision mice in the x10002000 range should have normally performing scroll wheels. However, the amount of tactile feedback is probably the same.

5. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    I have had a Xai for ages and I have a few gaming friends as well no issues what so ever. All mice from the first and second batch.

The scroll wheel is completely different than the one used on the Xai so I highly doubt it.

6. Mescalamba

Thanks Received:
    I had 2x Xai. Both have wierd mix of prediction and acceleration plus sometimes simply changes DPi to lower one, without actually letting you know (well, you feel it, so you know). Though, DPi change is problem with Avago 9500, not much caused by Xai itself, its simply uncurable, even Logitech failed (but even failing, G9x is very usable, if you dont mind occasional slow-downs).

Otherwise, both of Xais had issue with scroll wheel not registerig movement, or registering it later (simply.. scroll wheel lags).

And.. scroll wheel without feeling that you scroll? Lol, dunno if its worse to have lagging scroll wheel or this one.

Finding perfect gaming mouse, is quest without end..

7. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    I don't know what to tell you. a lot of people own a steelseries xai with very little to no problems.

8. Roph

Roph

Thanks Received:
    "Gaming", and it's USB? Uh?

9. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Is this news to you? Every single proclaimed modern gaming mouse on the market is USB.

10. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Really interesting