1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Zynga is Dying

Discussion in 'Games' started by RuskiSnajper, Aug 1, 2012.

1. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    The day of celebration of the gaming industry has arrived. The untalented, uncreative, unoriginal, parasitical , capitalistic plague will soon be destroyed or at least their founders and current management replaced.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/74982/zynga-might-have-been-a-fad-analyst-says-as-stock

http://www.shacknews.com/article/75...-action-lawsuit-over-possible-insider-trading

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...schappert-stripped-of-games-responsibilities/

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2011-11-10/zynga-ipo-stock/51158068/1

Iwata Explains how cheap mobile/social games are the biggest enemy to creative games industry: http://gdc2011.nintendo.com/
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    Bjorn_Of_Iceland says thanks.
  2. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Lace up my dancing shoes, there's a fresh grave to tap down!
  3. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    What will the farmville hicks play now?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Yo_Wattup New Member

Thanks Received:
    yaaaaaaaaay
  5. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    +1 :toast:
  6. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    i wonder why everyone hates these guys so much... stupid flash games are fun... I play words with friends all the time.
  7. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    I've heard Zynga policy to make games was to just copy existing stuff but add some things to make it seem different, I'm sure there tons of more creative ideas for facebook games.

Because these guys are richer than what they deserve, they have no-tech leading experience, aren't really well with other big named developers and inside there's a lot of talk of grumpy overworked employees that Zynga is a crap place to work, as well as claims that people were fired about something with stock a possible unlawful action, they provide no benefit to the industry in terms of innovation or cooperation with hardware manufacturers, they are very unfair, total parasite.

Iwata pointed out that the cheap mobile games business which are very low quality very low effort games are the biggest enemy to creative industry.

The CEO is an unprofessional douche who's obviously playing a media-whore nice-guy act on his twitter and other outlets to make it seem like Zynga is some kind of "noble" developer.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
  8. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to write nothing here of importance so I can later return after I muster the energy to tell you how wrong you are.
  9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree, a job is a job. Now there is gonna be some people who can't feed their families. Sucks to see anyone close down.
    [Ion], james888 and phanbuey say thanks.
  10. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    Hell yeah. I feel bad for them too - that is some of the worst stress is to be out of a job and out of money... At least they were making games here and employing people here.
  11. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Social games should all die.
    Facebook should die too
    odameyer and Yo_Wattup say thanks.
  12. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    Like all companies don't have emloyees that hate their job and complain about everything.

He made a shit ton of money pumping out game(s) that thousands seem to love. Good for him. I'd do the same if I could. I love money and doing the least amount possible to earn it.
  13. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I used to play farmville... aeons ago.

Had they invested in making their games better rather than getting people to pay real money to get a kick out of the game... they wouldn't have been kicked out of their own game.
  14. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I dont' really care what they do, but their stock prices at the IPO was WAY over inflated.
    People bought in anyway as they were the darlings of wall street then. Such is playing the markets.
    Insider trading is a whole 'nother story though. If the court's find this is true, they will get hammered.
  15. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    All the facebook gamers will go nuts.

I edits because someone made a valid point about people may lose there job over this.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    gaming elitists crack me up. real people are going to lose their jobs over this. hard working coders and dbas and sys admins will have to spend months looking for new work. people celebrate failure? pretty sad.
    [Ion], INSTG8R, Frick and 2 others say thanks.
  17. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a friend that worked for Zynga and left about more than a half year ago. He knew the company was going to crap and there was a lot of business shenanigans going around. Any other worker there would of known this as well.
  18. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you Erocker, but there is a lot of stuff on the table with this one.
    The employees who owned stock were locked in and could not sell until a certain date.
    The upper management dumped their stock (to the tunes of millions of dollars) when they saw the writing on the wall, but no one else there could .. even if they saw the trading volume causing the stocks to go to shit.
    Very ugly, IMO.

As far as their games go the word on the street has it that they are mostly reworked clones of other games. If it made them money and they did not break any copyright laws ... good for them.
  19. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    they're a cancer
  20. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    BS. Ive worked in two, thats right TWO different companies that were raided by the FBI. First time I had no clue about the 250 million that was being laundered. Second I had no IDEA I was working for the mafia. Sometime you just don't know......and don't ask. People ask "Why did you leave Miami". Simple got tired of being under investigation all the damn time by the feds.
  21. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Zynga and Facebook are proof that not all companies need to go public, especially when you require another companies service for your existence and you don't really have a sustainable business model.

Both Facebook and Zynga were way over evaluated. Hopefully the rank and file find work sooner rather than later.
    remixedcat says thanks.
  22. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Zynga and Facebook needs to go public to provide return for the venture capitalists. Without returns your VCs will not be able to sponsor the next success/failure.
  23. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    what games zynga made?
    never heard of them :s
  24. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    the only FB games worthy of playing are Ghost Trappers, Alien Visitors, Fish Wrangler and Mousehunt. I play all 4 and have only spent like $35 on GT in the 4 years i have been on FB. Zynga games are a money drain anyhow.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    never heard of them, don't play any fb or social media games.
    odameyer says thanks.