4 Factors for Efficient Notebook Cooling
- 1. Size Matters: In comparison with smaller 120mm or 140mm fans, the integrated 180mm T.B.Vegas Quad fan can achieve a much higher air flow rate at a lower speed. Accordingly, Enermax can ensure an almost silent operation and a strong cooling performance.
- 2. Well-directed Air Stream Conduction: The T.B.Vegas Quad 180mm fan comes with a performance-capable Vortex frame. Due to the special shape of the frame, the fan generates a strong air twirl which offers a more focussed cooling of heated noteboook parts. In contrast, fans with an ordinary frame design have a high loss in efficiency.
- 3. Effective Hot Spot Elimination: Each notebook is based on an individual layout, so that the air ventilation and the heat-generating components are located in different areas. Enermax has equipped the Aeolus Vegas with a flexible magnetic fan mounting system so that end users can move the fan directly to the hot spots of their notebook and increase the heat dissipation significantly.
- 4. Wide Cooling Area: The Aeolus Vegas cooling pad is designed for notebooks of maximum 17-inch size. The wide-area steel mesh in combination with the open bottom of the cooler ensures the best possible air circulation. Apart from that, the frame and the edges of the Aeolus Vegas are made from aluminium, a material with high thermal conductivity.
- 1. Additional Port for USB Devices: Aeolus Vegas is powered by +5V USB. Enermax equipped the USB connector with an adapter for additional USB devices that do not consume much energy such as mouse or USB flash drive (max. 100mA power consumption).
- 2. Perfect Grip: The aluminium edges of the cooler have soft rubber shells. They prevent delicate surfaces from scratches and hold the cooling pad in position. Apart from that, they absorb vibrations very effectively.
- 3. Stop Cable Tangle: The rear rubber edges provide another useful feature: If the USB wire is too long, it can be wind up to avoid cable tangle.
- 4. Ergonomic Construction: The Aeolus Vegas is very flat and slightly tilted which gives users a very comfortable typing experience.