"The RIG headset marks the start of the next generation of gaming audio solutions, crafted for demanding gamers and their dynamic lifestyle. Building on our expertise in acoustics, industrial design, and communications, RIG delivers unique benefits for gamers," said Chuck Frizelle, head of Plantronics Gaming. "RIG immerses gamers in their virtual world while keeping them seamlessly connected to the real one."
Plantronics Gaming is pioneering the first gaming headset designed from the ground up with mobile connectivity as a focal point. The RIG stereo headset and mixer empowers players to focus on the game by managing their mix, their way. With a smartphone connected to the mixer, switching between game chat and taking a phone call on the fly is simple, with a touch of the paddle. Inject an alternate soundtrack by firing up stored or app-based music in place of the game soundtrack from a connected smartphone or tablet. Dial in a preferred mix of game and smartphone sound - calls, music, and app notifications - for a fully customized audio experience.
"With a complete system of headset, mixer, convertible cables, and two-way access to smartphone audio and voice communication, RIG gives users the power to integrate their lives with an ultimate gaming audio experience," said Frizelle. "The RIG audio solution is unique in the marketplace, delivers a premium system at a value price, and is a terrific launch pad for the RIG franchise."
The RIG headset delivers epic audio performance, with precision stereo, crystal-clear voice and three EQ profiles, including Seismic mode, allowing players to feel the bass. The RIG headset features breakthrough bass tube technology, driving accurate and powerful low-octave audio without distortion of critical mid and high frequency audio cues essential to gamers.
- Precision stereo headset: Offering exceptional audio quality traditionally only found in professional-grade products, with 40 mm speaker drivers, the RIG audio profile brings game sound to life, boost to music and clarity to voice communication.
- Innovative mixer: The heart of the RIG system, the mixer seamlessly connects the virtual world and the real world. With a punch of the paddle, take calls without pausing the game. Twin sliders enable gamers to find the perfect mix of game audio, voice chat and smartphone audio.
- Interchangeable boom and inline mics: The noise-cancelling boom mic blocks background noise for clear conversations. Swap it out and plug in the stealth inline mic with mute and call control - for music, chat or gaming on the go.
- Three EQ profiles: Feel the game and boost your music with three EQ profiles - Pure, Intensify and Seismic. Experience epic bass with Plantronics proprietary bass tube technology.
- Street style industrial design: The headset's sleek styling reflects its premium performance and active lifestyle orientation. A gaming headset that looks as good on the street as it does in the living room.
- Ultra-comfortable ear cushions and headband: Designed for marathon gaming sessions, the RIG soft ear cushions provide long-wearing comfort, and the headband features just the right level of tension for a perfect fit.
- Universal compatibility with PC/Mac, Xbox 360, PS3, smartphones and tables: More devices means more ways to game. RIG elegantly moves between computers, consoles and mobile devices without missing a beat.
Pricing and Availability
RIG is expected to be available at retailers worldwide in fall 2013, for a suggested price of $129 USD, £109.99 GBP, and €129.99 EUR. For more information, please visit www.plantronics.com/RIG.