I would like to thank OvisLink for supplying the review sample.
About AirLive and OvisLinkAirLive is a wireless series launched by OvisLink in 2001 with the "Living in a World without Boundaries, Building a Network without Wires" as the main motto. Their goal and direction for the series is best described on the AirLive about page:
by: AirLink websiteOvisLink was established in 1993 in Taiwan, as a network solutions provider. They now offer over 200 unique and useful networking products for both small businesses and home use. OvisLink Corp. was the first company in Taiwan to introduce Fast-Ethernet NICs and Switches when IEEE 802.3u standard was established in 1996. Moreover, OvisLink Corp. entered the WLAN market in 2001 with the AirLive series and became the major provider of wireless solutions
AirLive has since brought the freedom of wireless communication to millions of users. Connecting people's lives together across the globe. Therefore, OvisLink Corp. implement the AirLive trademark and the "simple yet powerful networking" philosophy across its entire product lines. Be sure to look for the AirLive trademark for genuine and quality products by OvisLink Corp.
Today we take a look at the pair of Air Live HP-3000E. These are 200 Mbps Ethernet over power line adapters. This way you can connect two devices over Ethernet with the use of the already existing power lines within your home, instead of having to resort to WiFi or having to install a seperate cable.
- Uses home power lines, which are the most pervasive medium in households, with multiple outlets in every room
- Access, share and distribute information from all over your home
- Easily scalable with “no new wires”
- Plug in and Play
- Flexibility of placement
- Ease of Use
- Small and compact size saves valuable desktop space
- Up to 5000 square foot home coverage
- No problems passing through circuit breakers
- More reliable than wireless, which can be intercepted by hackers and local network snoops
- Extends the range of wireless devices
- Faster than 802.11g wireless
- Works with 110V, 220V and 240V electrical outlets
Packaging & Contents
The pair of adapters ships in a compact cardboard box. It has the same white backdrop, but comes with some grey accents instead of the usual blue ones found on other Airlive products. You will find an image of the two power line Ethernet adapters up front, while the rear is taken up by the list of the feature in multiple languages.
Both adapters have been placed in plastic bags, to protect them from scratches.
Under them, you will find just the contents you would expect. A manual, a CD and a pair of Ethernet cables rounds up the package.