Audio-Technica is one of the most famous headphones manufacturers around. Critically acclaimed for both their open and closed back designs this brand has proven to be among the leaders when it comes to headphone design. Today we will be taking a look at their reasonably priced open back design dubbed the ATH-AD700.
Behind the cryptic name lays an intricate design with an innovative headband suspension system and cup design. Typically the headphones go for around $100 online which is a pretty good price all things considered. They can be used straight out of pretty much any sound card because of their relatively high efficiency.
- Type: Open-air Dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 53 mm
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Voice Coil: Copper-clad aluminum wire
- Frequency Response: 5 – 30,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power: 500 mW
- Sensitivity: 98 dB/mW at 1 kHz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Weight: 280 g
- Cable: 3.0 m (Single/Hybrid-PCOCC)
- Connector: 1/8" (3.5 mm) mini stereo, gold-plated
- Accessory Included: Detachable 1/4" (6.3 mm) adapter