I would like to thank Mapower for providing the review sample.
This is what Mapower has to say about itself according to their "About Us" web page:
Founded in 1987, Mapower Electronics Corporation is a Taiwan based manufacturer of computer peripherals specializing in external drive enclosures. Mapower, distinguished by its unique and extremely effective approach to quality control, exceptional emphasis on service, and innovative product designs, provides start-to-finish "one-stop" external storage enclosures and designs.
Our motto of "Sincerity, Quality, and Innovation" encompasses all aspects of Mapower's business operations, winning the loyalty of major OEM brands such as Hitachi, NEC and Philips. Tracing the evolution of the company's product line - from main boards, PCBs, switching power supplies, computer cases, to the SPS and external drive enclosures of today - it is evident that Mapower's conception of quality and service transcends any individual product.
The Mapower MAP-KC31 is available in the silver brushed aluminum variant that we will be reviewing today.
- All aluminum construction allows for excellent heat dissipation
- Bright blue LED indicator for Power On and Accessing
- Plug & Play compatibility for easy and quick installations
- Enables you to transfer data quickly and safely from your PC or Mac for back-up and/or storage purposes
- Suitable for 3.5" hard drives
- Interfaces: USB 2.0, eSata
- Dimensions: (W x D x H): 5.35 x 8.2 x 1.38 in.